1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Booze hounds?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Is Whistle Pig 15 year really worth over $160 a bottle? :eek:

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing is.

bored&stroked, DaveB and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, there was shit in there for over $1500 a bottle. Can't remember all the stuff in the rich dude area but I about shat myself.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And none of it is worth it. Same for fancy grape juice. Especially the ancient shit no one will ever drink. People are idiots.

panthercity likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and a lot of it was Ryes. I thought that was shit old people drank. Must be hipster booze.

But I was buying jagermeister so I'll shut up now (even if it is for a gift). :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, the hipster types have been getting into rye for a while now. The god stuff used to be expensive at 50 a bottle :D

8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

9. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I would suggest that for $160 you have better choices. Do you want options or just a yes/no?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, Mongo just doesn't buy into the bullshit about charging a bunch because snobs all agree it's special or because it's limited quantities. The high end boozes and wines are not enough better than the mid range to justify the price differences. Yes, there is a difference between crap and drinkable but that's it. The rest is marketing.

Now cue the posts that my ghetto palate isn't good enough to appreciate it all....

gixxerboy55 and bored&stroked like this.
  11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Did anybody get a bottle of the limited edition Bladerunner 2019 Johnnie Walker edition ?

edit : just saw EMPTY bottles of it sell for 150$ on eBay lol

12. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Huh?

[​IMG]

:D

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Fixed and I feel the same about Moonshine... swill is swill... it IS either good or it is shit.
    All wine is fkn swill... in my limited palate.

cav115 and badmoon692008 like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not into wine but there is a definite difference between good and not good. I won't cook with the not good :D

Britt likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The one wine I actually like and will drink a glass of is Phantom. Some years are better than others but I actually look forward to a glass of it now and again when Sam gets it.

As for the booze, well, I avoid the browns and clears. My history with that shit is, well, a bit colorful. :D

16. SteveThompson

_indy likes this.
  17. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I like Rye a lot but I haven't had the high west. Sazerac is pretty damn good for the money and I like Templeton too. Angels Envy bourbon and rye are both great.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Only if you pay for it in Bitcoins.

Phl218 likes this.
  19. SteveThompson

Sazerac is a great choice. I have bought it off the shelf here, so it isn't too hard to get. Angles Envy is weird but I like it. I have been through their distillery in downtown Louisville.

20. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

JBall and Phl218 like this.