1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heroin - and I'm an asshole

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by rk97, May 21, 2017.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Portugal is the model of how drugs should be handled in my opinion. Not sure if that would work here in the US though..... might just end up with 600 million addicts. USA loves to party.

rk97 likes this.
  2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Except for possibly the correct usage of "whence". :Poke::D

crashman likes this.
  3. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Play with a hot piano, get burnt fingers.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I liked "Jeff" when he was sober. He had a big personality. We weren't friends, but he was a grade above me, and he went out of his way to be nice to me as far back as 7th grade. He could have ignored me, and I wouldn't have batted an eye. "Jeff" was a good kid. Great athlete.

After his dad died, he quit sports and decided drugs and his garage band were all that mattered.

...but he was still nice. Always asked how my parents were doing, and told me to say hi to my dad, and thank him for some pep talk my dad gave him after his dad passed away. Probably mostly "stick with soccer, so your mom won't have to pay for your educaton."

The only time I didn't like "Jeff" was at his brother's bachelor party, when he was high. Addiction ruined a good person.

I'm coming around to forgiving him for hurting his family. Slowly.

6. joec

joec brace yourself

While I don't disagree with it being a huge problem here, I see it almost everyday, you re over exaggerating the second part a, little don't you think??

We call it the brown out. Lol. If I could figure out a way to make money on used syringes, id be rich!

7. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Why buy used when the city provides the fiens with brand new free syringes... :Puke:

8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Mine and my wife's best friend in HS went on to get his doctorate in Biology. We learned to ski together and went on may ski trips. Visited each other frequently as we got married, families, etc. He became a professor at Texas A&M, married with 2 kids. When his oldest son at college died (never heard why) he went into a funk with drinking/drugs. Lost his job, got divorced and ended up as a security guard somewhere in New Orleans. He died in an apartment fire, again never heard the details and really don't want to know them. Drugs suck, wish there was way to make them disappear...kind of like nuclear weapons. One thing I'm adamantly against is the legalization of marijuana...only makes the getting high more acceptable and heroin more likely.

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Recently a scumbag took my sharps container out of my trashcan. I saw her from upstairs and ran down to stop her but it was too late.

Its so disgusting to think that a person would use another persons needles. She has no idea, or care, if I have a horrible disease. She just wanted those used needles.

Now I bend the point of the needle before disposal making them useless.

Junkies are disgusting.

10. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing YOUR OPINION.

rk97 likes this.
  11. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I just heard they busted someone in NC for growing opium poppies there.

13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Drugs are fine. It's people that lose control of themselves that suck.

rk97 likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No F@ckin' way, man. No one, not even in NC is THAT stupid. That's full on stupid like shooting an elephant while it's f@cking.

In Your Corner likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What do you know, someone is THAT stupid. Color me surprised. :D

In Your Corner likes this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Werd. Seems like they could have disguised the project as a nursery. I can't tell one poppy from another.

18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

RK I don't think you're out of line or an asshole for feeling the way you do. I've had 2 good friends die because of the shit. Have another good friend with 2 kids who's on the methadone program down in Ft. Myers. If the state catches her slipping she loses the kids. I think the kids are the only reason she is trying to do good. I went down to visit the family after the Daytona 200 after not seeing them for 10 years. She's clearly in bad shape and I can see the side affects of the methadone. It's disgusting and pisses me off because she had it made. When she was first getting strung out on the shit her parents were in complete denial. She was steeling from them left and right. They estimate she probably stole 50+k worth of jewelry and money from them over a course of a couple years. They finally opened their fucking eyes and realized what was going on. The dad of the kids is in the joint for the time being and just as much if not more than a junky as she is. When he gets out I don't doubt for a second the whole thing is going to spiral out of control again. Also my cousin out in Ohio has been in and out of rehab and had a kid with her junky boyfriend. He just relapsed again last month. He can never make it past the 8 month mark without relapsing. And I feel the same way you do. I don't feel sorry for any of them. It fucking infuriates the shit out me to no avail that they have thrown their lives away. Knowingly thrown their lives away. Once you get on heroin there is no turning back. You will battle with that addiction for the rest of your fucking life. Obviously my strong language in this response shows how it pisses me off and how strong my feelings are about it.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If marijuana were legal and taxed, the windfall from a: the tax money, and b: not wasting billions on enforcing ridiculous marijuana laws, would provide the resources to stamp out real drug issues in no time.

kangasj likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Is there really a way to stamp out opiate addiction?