1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here's what happens when you treat Terrorism as a crime

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by I'm with Stupid, Feb 5, 2004.

1. crunch

crunch Well-Known Member

I've been dancing for the past 30 min. :D

2. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

A far larger mistake is just the opposite: trying to fight a war when there isn't a clearly identifiable enemy.

Stopping terrorism is done with intelligence. Specifically by using informers, undercover agents and interrogations. And police are far more effective interacting with a civilian population than any military possibly could be.

Unlike missiles, tanks and troops, that doesn't make any headlines and isn't particularly reassuring. But it's been proven many times over.

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yeah, intelligence has worked great up until now. :up:

when i cut my grass, i pluck anything that is not grass. damn what might be a tulip. nope, i'm happy with how things are going. if you even dream about hurting the US, you'd better wake up scared.

4. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

No offense taken.

Some of my wimpy pacifist friends (I have many) were astounded that I was for the Gulf War considering how much I distrustd Bush I. And that I wanted a much larger force to go into Somalia. I am not a pacifist and never have been. Hell, I wasn't even against Panama.

So with that background it is not hard to beleive that I was for invading Afganistan. But that response was not immediate, b/c I didn't see the gov put forth proof of who did it - once I felt secure in knowing who was behind 9/11 I was gung ho. In fact, if anyone saw the obscure pre-9/11 documentaries that were floating about how horrible the Taliban was, especially to women, you might have been itching for an excuse to topple/invade those m/fers anyhow.

Rodger

5. BigNoseBob

BigNoseBob Well-Known Member

Who the hell is this "SLOW" guy? First thing in the morning drinking beer because his daughter fell outta bed? Holy shit dude,.....you have a problem. Ever heard of AA? What is your plan for chicken pox,.........Jack Daniels????

6. Yo BigNose - better go back and read again - you missed something important.

I'll give you a hint: I don't have a daughter.

Jack Daniels and Chicken Pox - now there's an idea! Hey Rodger - something to look forward to! :D

Last edited: Feb 8, 2004
  7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Re: Re: Here's what happens when you treat Terrorism as a crime

I don't consider members of terrorist organisations to be civilians. They consider themselves soldiers. So should we. It is the military terrorist organisations who are waging war on civilians. They need to be fought by soldiers, not lawyers. When you declare yourself a soldier, you become a legitimate target of the military machine you oppose. Just because these soldiers disguise and present themselves as civilians and hide among civilians does not give them the right to be treated as civilians. Intelligence is historically a military component, not law enforcement. The FBI is a law enforcement agency, the CIA is not. The preclusion of information sharing between the two has been cited as a contributary factor to the failure to prevent 9-11.

Terrorist attacks have consistently been handled as a law enforcement issue for well over a decade with abysmal results. I see none of the proof you claim to the contrary.

8. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

to add to corner if one is not in uniform then a new set of rules apply. it makes you what we call a spy and this gives you even less rights.