1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with getting into wera racing ( serious )

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by soxxerms, Dec 31, 2008.

1. soxxerms

soxxerms no chckn strips 4 sale

i am a future newbie to wera, i plan to be getting into it by end of summer or first of 2010.
    i have no idea of sites or rules or fees to get into wera.
    i would love any of you to help with sites to view, pricing to get started, etc.

i have all the info on the bike specs. i do not have any information on how to get myself into the league. other than getting the race license that is about all i have.

thanks guys.

2. nas19320

nas19320 Well-Known Member

3. soxxerms

thanks a million. got it printed off.

4. QuixRacer989

QuixRacer989 Well-Known Member

Your first year...may want to stay away from inline fours. That's a fast class. You'll probably learn better fundamentals on a slower bike/class. I regret starting in the C-class and I now am married to the barely slower twin classes. Shameless plug: My SV 650 currently for sale on the forum would be a primo starter bike :)

5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Go with a 250 Ninja. I don't care what you are riding now, if you have never been to the track before, the 250 Ninja will teach you more about racing than anything else. You will be able to concentrate on riding not wrenching. You can also spend money on entries instead of tires.

Ken

6. Cjanik

Cjanik Active Member

7. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

well you can pretty much end the thread after that posting. :up:

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Try to attend some races and corner work, also buy a used, properly set up machine. Dont be cheap when buying gear. dont be afraid to ask questions, yes we will give you a boat load of crap but in the end you will get the right info. Good bunch of guys and gals on here that are willing to help :beer:

9. volcomrr

volcomrr BUDDY

that was a great write-up.... wish I would have had that to read this past year....

def. get pitted next to someone who knows what they're doing and they'll help you out, my first race was at VIR and Dean and I pitted beside Matt VanDyke (#74 Expert) and he helped us out the whole weekend, lending us tools that we didn't have, and also helping us "prep" our thought to be race preped bikes, haha.... good luck mang, its addicting.

10. soxxerms

11. dg78o6

dg78o6 Member

is that you on rocketmadness?