1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help identifying part

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by sharky nrk, Aug 29, 2012.

1. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I was pulling my throttle cables on the F2 and when I opened up the housing a small black plastic rectangle with slots on either side that fell out. I have little to no clue what this thing is for and if I even need it.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds like it keeps the cables in their proper place.

3. sharky nrk

Yeah I thought about it as a "cable seperator" or similar but really couldn't figure out how it is supposed to go back in. Anyone happen to have a picture of one that hasn't had the junk fall out of it?

4. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

Could be a friction stop. Some throttles have them so one can actually add friction to the throttle pull, which apparently reduces fatigue on long rides where you hold the throttle open. (Like Daytona, I guess).

5. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

take a pic of it and post up. Im sure we can figure it out.

6. sharky nrk

I will try and snag one tonight and post it up

7. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

I think it is a blocking plate that fills in (on US models) a slot in the switch box where a headlight off/on switch goes for Euro/Rest of World models. You know, where people can be trusted to turn their own headlights on.

It should just fit between the two halves of the rh switchbox, on the side facing the rider.

8. sharky nrk

^^ didn't have a chance to get it last night. Been pretty sick the last couple of days. I am not sure about a blocking plate as it looked like both halves fit back together perfectly without it.