1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Ebay Scam? I'm not sure what to do...

Discussion in 'General' started by boccarp, Mar 1, 2018.

1. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

Funny as hell this morning. Just got a offer to purchase my GSXR1000 Superbike. Here's what the buyer says:

Kinda Sir,
    I will proceed with the transaction now and purchase your item. kindly login to your paypal account and select the request money button located at the top of your paypal account homepage and send the money request directly to my paypal account id which is [email protected] so that i can submit payment to you via paypal right now as paypal is safe, fast and easy to send and receive money online.

If you dont have a paypal account just logon to www.paypal.com and set up your paypal account, after setting up your paypal account you locate the request money button located at the top of your paypal account home page, use it to request money directly from my paypal account which is [email protected] once I receive your money request from paypal, I will submit payment to you immediately via paypal. Get back asap

My reply was:
    Casey,
    Wow I'm so excited that this sic GSXR1000 will be going to you. I'm sure that when it arrives you will be crowned chief of your Nigerian tribe almost immediately. Just Imagine when you come power ripping this 194 rwhp beast sideways to the water hole! OMG all the chicks in your village will drop their wash in the river. I'll bet they immediately whip out their National Geographic boobs in praise. Now you can mount up a spear on the front of this wicked fast GSXRand run down any antelope in the park! No more running around like an idiot trying to catch those fast mother fuckers. The Bazzaz traction control will enable you to navigate your way through the sandy roadways on the way to the village dance parties. A couple things about the bike you should know. First off you can run any type of fuel in this thing! Deisel, cooked down camel fat, coconut oil....hell yea they will all work! As for maintenance well you don't need to do a thing! This is a GSXR1000! Its as strong as the village women necks carrying all that shit on their heads. You can eat the Ox tied up behind your hut because with just a few modifications this GSXR is strong enough to plow your barren soils. The bike does include a Pit Bull stand so make sure you find some firm ground on the dirt floor of your hut so this beauty doesn't crush your head while you are sleeping on your straw mat. Anyway I'm wicked happy to have a new overseas friend. If you want to add $3,000 more to the purchase price I'll come to your home and optimize the suspension settings for your local dirt roads and muddy fields.
    Thanks Pete

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

How do you know he's from Nigeria and not Wakanda?

Phl218 and nitto182 like this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Wow...and I thought you would be proud to have the Vikings quarterback own one of your rides.

BigBird likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

well "kinda sir"

5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Man, you have way more dedication than I do. I just send a quick "F#%k off" and then delete.....

condon66, Gorilla George and TLR67 like this.
  6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Ha.... Good stuff..... I hate selling bikes online.... I couldn't imagine what you go through...

7. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Im going to be the dumb guy for asking this but.. where is the part where youd get scammed?

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

obviously the national geographic bewbs. A bike like that deserves $50 per lap dance D cup boobs...not IHOP flapjax

Sabre699 likes this.
  9. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

my buddy Steve sent this to me....hehehhe

Pete Yo, dat’s profilin’ bro.

Wouldn’t it be funny if some real Nigerian prince was into bikes and nobody took his offers seriously?

I’m gonna send this dude a fund request on paypal and see what happens.

S

Phl218 and Steeltoe like this.
  10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Ummm the scammer is attempting I believe to sell boccarp a bike he already owns.

11. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

I dont think so.

This is what I am guessing...
    Boccarp sends money request...scammer has access to Casey's account (most likely through a fishing scheme) and sends money to Boccarp. Boccarp ships bike. The real Casey goes WTF my account was hacked and tells Paypal. Paypal pulls money back from Boccarp gives it back to Casey and scammer has a bike.

TurboBlew, rcarson15 and BigBird like this.
  12. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Maybe I wasnt so dumb for asking :crackup:

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Just email him photos of penises. Big ones, small ones, angry ones, scared ones, ones wearing tiny hats.

14. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Egg on YOUR face when you find out he's actually from the Ivory Coast...

15. I bet there ain’t a swinging dick in Nigeria that can legitimately buy a bike these days. :crackup:

I wonder how many times some Nigerian has been like “dude, I’m not fucking scamming you!!!” :crackup:

Killswitch and rcarson15 like this.
  16. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I've got a couple Nigerian friends that just accept the fact that every time we hang out I'm going to give them tons of shit over it. Still hasn't gotten old to me.

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. zstylem86

zstylem86 Well-Known Member

this is the greatest thing i've read this year.

i would love to hear this guys response.

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Does anyone else read the Nigerian's emails in a foreign accent?

19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

funny part of all that is there's actually a bunch of money and successful people there that could actually buy a ton of shit. hire a buying service to go get you stuff in person and ship it back?

haha even that though... "buddy... i know i know, you're going to send a shipper to arrange pickup. i've heard that one before too you ass!"

"i swear, i'm not trying to -" *click* "damnit."

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. Me too :crackup:

I work with a lot of Nigerians, and im always like "you motherfuckers are going to scam somebody out of a bike when you get home aincha?" :crackup:

Phl218 and Killswitch like this.