1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helmet shipping

Discussion in 'General' started by cBJr, Oct 28, 2019.

1. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I ordered a helmet off of Amazon and when it arrived, it was loosely packed without any padding in an oversized cardboard box. The box was on its side on my doorstep. Is this a common way to ship helmets? I guess it'd be okay, but I'd feel alot better about a helmet that was shipped with some semblance of care, considering they are only made to take one impact.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Then why would you order it from Amazon?

Scotty87, G2G, TurboBlew and 3 others like this.
  3. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Every helmet I ever bought came in its box which usually has styrofoam and is designed for that specific helmet. But I also never bought any ali-baba helmets from shady sellers on amazon or ebay, only well known brands from reputable companies that sell riding gear :Poke:

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

the EPS liner needs something inside the helmet to be damaged during an impact. a helmet rolling around inside a box could damage the shell if something hard or sharp was involved. you'd probably notice something seriously wrong with the box and damage to the paint.

ive ordered plenty of helmets online from reputable sellers. the helmet was always inside its original box, packed inside another box with just enough bubble wrap so it doesnt shift around. nothing complicated or fancy.

BigBird likes this.
  5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Should have ordered some tires at the same time. Maybe they would have wrapped the helmet in the tires.

tl1098, G2G, Sabre699 and 1 other person like this.
  6. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I tried to order from stg but they’re shipping times were too late to get it in for the gnf. I thought I had a backup helmet, but when I was packing I realized I didn’t. Prime 2 day shipping helps in those instances. I just expected a little bubble wrap in the box so it wouldn’t be loosely bouncing around.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Did you get a Showi or an Arei?

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Rider's Discount I think is also still going also, cycle gear, revzilla, and a bunch of other motorcycle focused stores.

TurboBlew and Riders Discount like this.
  9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

just wike weal ting lower pwice

dtalbott likes this.
  10. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

How do you know a helmet will fit if you don't try it on first?

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Order one just like the one you're wearing ?

12. dtalbott

In a perfect world, that should work every time.

World's not perfect.

13. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

Then it's returned and exchanged for a different size...

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

with or without makeup and bug guts??? Asking for a yelping lady friend

badmoon692008, BigBird and 1kk8 like this.
  15. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

LMAO

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

"Made in same factory, same line, same material."
    "But it's made of pressed saw dust, stale hamburger buns and testors model glue!!! the liner is used jock straps and pink insulation!"
    "Yes, just rike real Showi!"

dtalbott and BigBird like this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

I had some co-workers that bought some China Baseball Jerseys and Hockey Jerseys. When they were asking if I wanted to join, I said I'll pass. They were like it's in the same place as the original. I'm like nah, i'm good :rolleyes:

Fast Forward like 2 months. All the names were spaced differently, fonts weren't exact, and the best part was that the letters were not even on the same line. I was like :crackup:

Jedb and dtalbott like this.
  18. dtalbott

Who pays the shipping?

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  19. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

I think it's funny that you actually think boxes are always kept oriented up...lol

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

but but...it says too :eek:

like when my track wheels came in and the four boxes were sideways even though it said keep it up, i was like :(