1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helmet Date codes

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by meowculpa, Aug 29, 2019.

1. meowculpa

meowculpa Well-Known Member

What would a person do if sweat has washed off the date codes on their helmets? (EPS liner sticker).
    I've this predicament. It's my 1st weekend and I just checked my helmets - voila! They've disappeared. On all 3 of them! Can WERA run the model/ year of production? (2 are Suomy SR sport; 1 is Arai corsair X. The specific models haven’t been in production for > 2-3 years).
    Any input is much appreciated.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the arai should have a stamp on helmet strap. Suomy...not sure. Maybe a sticker on ext?

3. meowculpa

I'll check the Arai. thanks so much!

4. meowculpa

You're right, the Arai D rings have the Month/year stamped on them.
    Phew! Thank you.
    (Suomy doesn't have it. I'll just tech the Arai).

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you can always ask tech to look at the suomy just incase.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We have no way of running any of the brands/models for their possible dates of manufacture sorry.

Check with Suomy, they should all have the date code where it won't wear off.

meowculpa likes this.
  7. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

We have problems with the date codes with Suomy in CCS also. My new SR Carbon I got last year the date code was hard to read right out of the box. I could barely make it out as June 2018. Our tech guy here said it was 2016 (which would still be legal to use) but it couldn't be 2016 since this helmet model just came out in 2018. But there is an inspection sticker with a date under the front side internal pad near the upper part of the visor port that coincided with the date code tag. I've sent the Suomy distributor I get mine from a few emails requesting that they start stamping the dates on the strap like most others do because of the ink deteriorating.

meowculpa likes this.
  8. meowculpa

I got mine from speedaddicts late last year (I'm not sure who the NA distributor is. At the time, Riders discount didn't carry the brand).
    I'll probably send them an email asking them to do the same - Date stamp the D rings, or place a cloth tag on the strap i.e. It'd at least serve to reinforce what you've said. Whether they'd act on it is anybody's guess.

Thank you for chiming in.