1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heated vest/liner recommendations

Discussion in 'General' started by iomfan, Nov 18, 2012.

1. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

After doing a search here & across the net I'm no less undecided. Leaning towards something with its own battery as I recently had charging issues a few months ago on the '06 gsxr 600 I street ride (though that has been repaired and am having no issues now).

In an older post Rubber Chicken (hi Tom) recommends the Gerbing liner and well, I trust Tom. I realize this is powered by the bikes battery.

Any other thoughts ? I have an older pair of Nordica snowboard bibs and several jackets to choose from but after 40 minutes or more in the 30/40 degree range I'm not very comfortable.

2. madkaw

madkaw Meh...

Warm & Safe makes heated jacket liners, pant liners, socks, gloves & glove liners along with the heat trollers to control thermostat. They also have batteries,pouches & chargers. Keep in mind the battery will only heat the apparel for so long and the more apparel you have the shorter the battery will last (I think 2-3 hours if you have heated nonstop).

www.warmnsafe.com

3. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

i had great luck w/ the gerbing stuff

heated grips do wonders too

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gerbing.

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

You can get battery packs for the Gerbing stuff too. That gives you two options with the same gear. I've been using the Gerbing stuff for about 10 years. Works great and they have a lifetime warranty on the heating elements.

6. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I have used Gerbings for a long time. Love that stuff. Nothing like riding along with snow piled on both sides of the road at 20 degrees F or less, while being warm and comfy on the bike.

7. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

8. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

Gerbings are the right answer.

I do have a Tourmaster vest however that is so warm, it'll burn your skin thru a t-shirt on high setting.

9. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Gerbing

10. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

Just got a gerbing liner and gloves for my birthday and the thing is awesome for the sub 45deg mornings that turn into 60+deg commutes home

11. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

Geez I didn't realize those things were that expensive. The liners are more expensive than most jackets...

12. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Gerbing is very good stuff and their customer service, in my one experience, was excellent. I had a pair of their heated gloves and one of the gloves (the electric part) failed. I emailed them and they told me to send BOTH gloves back. Three weeks later a brand new pair (still in the new packaging) arrived at my door.....no charge whatsoever.

13. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

Powerlet. They support racing.