1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hayyy mongo ,just one question

Discussion in 'General' started by Buell1965, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

I hate to keep tuggin at you but if I may . I have found a low hour 1995 mz scorpion 660 that is for the most part stock at a decent price and would be a good very good in regards to my beginner status and in addition to my 350 GP Honda 350 would make for a full card in 2020 in WERA southeast . I tried and did gain some retrospect in this forum but most were very old and not up to date , could you tell me where it would fit before I throw my hard earned pennys at it . thank you very much in advance and regards Dan from Dalton ga .

Shenanigans and rd400racer like this.
  2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Clubman, for sure.

Buell1965 likes this.
  3. Buell1965

thank you and that's what I kept landing at but did want to ask before I got put in a head lock for slowing the pack down to much .

dtalbott likes this.
  4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

5. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

D superstock or D superbike depending on mods. Also lightweight twins if those aren't enough. Should be V6lw too.

Buell1965 likes this.
  6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm going to send a request in once things slow down a bit to get the Skorpion possibly reclassified. I don't think I'm a horrible rider and my stock Skorp just got destroyed in all of those classes last month.

I'm not going to discount the fact that it might have been me in that it was three years since I last raced, but towards the end of the day I was ringing her out for all she had and still got toasted. I think it's more of a V3/V4 bike.

I love my Skorpion but if it's relegated to Clubman or D then she's probably for sale.

Comments?

Bacon...thanks for the heads up:beer:

7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I could see it in V-4. That is where my Honda singles fit, up to 600cc and the SRX600. I wouldn't mind running against it.

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm resurrecting a friends right now. Carbs and brakes were a real mess, been sitting unridden since 2003 and he didn't put it away properly. :mad:

Buell1965 likes this.
  9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Well, here's the specs of the two (quick internet research)

SRX600. 45HP. Weights 341/379
    Skorpion. 48HP. 381/416

Looks pretty damn even to me. If I can get the Skorpion inV4 I may even build the spare I have so my son and I can race against each other. All I need is an engine.

Buell1965 likes this.
  10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

The FT500 is 34hp and 385 dry and the GB500 is 38 hp and 341 dry. I know on paper the FT is outclassed, but it still belongs in V-4. Just because every bike in a class isn't the best bike, it doesn't mean it shouldn't be there. Plus, these are superbike classes and it is pretty easy to get an FT into the low to mid 40's for HP and there is a lot of weight to take off of that pig. All it takes is time and money.

dave3593 and Buell1965 like this.
  11. dtalbott

Stock carb?

12. Banditracer

Yeah, that fucked up twin carb set up that everybody hated.

13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Cool SRX pulled off FB.

4C947E32-C1E0-46D4-8D39-D0D33B760DDC.jpeg

rd400racer, britx303 and scottn like this.
  14. Banditracer

Actually the one I'm working on is going to be for sale. And a GB500 that I've already been thru if anybody's looking for oddball singles. Friend has some major back, neck, sciatic nerve issues and can't ride much any more. Starting to thin the herd.

15. dtalbott

If you want to change, the single carb and carb intake from the 600 Grizzly bolts on, and the twin carbs from the 660 Raptor will also work.

Oil tank will need to be moved, if I remember correctly.

16. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

A bit too much gold for me, but still good looking otherwise.

ducnut likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Other than the age... That's way too new for even me to go sure it's vintage enough :D

18. Buell1965

hi RD 400 . I tried to send you a pm but still learning how to navigate this great site ..any how as it stands I have commited to the purchase of a 1995 MZ 660 scorpion that has is a great deal @ 1800 and is track prepped with safety wire and belly catch pan , any how I would love to chitty chat seeing how you have some great knowledge of these thumpers..holler back with text at 7066187808 if and when you can and thnx. Dan