1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have I been scammed ?

Discussion in 'General' started by motoford, Sep 6, 2010.

1. motoford

motoford Well-Known Member

I recently contacted Stickboy about a set of tires. The price he gave me sounded suspicious, but I agreed based on his reputation here.

Well this Sunday I met him at TGP to pick up the tires, and not only did he honor the price he had given, but mounted them in record time -- for free.

Why am I complaining you ask? Well his ridiculously low price saved me enough money to add another track day to my schedule (actually a day and a half if I go with his buddy Pete at Xact, I am convinced they are in this together, saving us all into bankruptcy.)

This extra day or two, courtesty of Stickboy, will of course require more tires. I'm sure Stickboy will pull the same stunt again, tricking me into more and more track time while padding his pockets pennies at a time.

What do you think? BBB, asskicking ?

P.S. Thanks Derek!!!!

2. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

He has no ass so you're sol.

3. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

What you don't know is.....he'll charge you double for the next set..LOL :D

4. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Kick stole my sandwich and kicked my cat.

Or was it stole my cat and kicked my sandwich.

Hell I can't remember.

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

So, Kick is a asshole too?

6. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Oops was supposed to be Stick

7. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

You're not the only one he's done this too.

Jerk changed my tires at 10 pm Friday night at Tally because I got in late and needed them for Saturday. Smiled about it the whole time he was doing it. I've got a feeling this is the usual business practices of this guy. What a shitmonkey. :Poke::D

I think he runs around with a bad crowd too. That kkesler guy was hangin around the truck the whole time all this was going down.

8. burner42

burner42 Well-Known Member

He is like the drug dealer... good stuff real cheap, then, when your hooked, BAM!! All the sudden the prices go up and the quality goes down!! Haha, glad you got a smoking deal! :up:

9. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

Watch that guy, the next thing you know you'll be hanging out with him drinking beer and telling jokes. He's evil I tell you, just evil.

10. charles

charles The Transporter

I am relieved that someone is finally exposing this obvious tire trickster!

This was my experience:

I contacted this Stixboy character to see if he had tires for my ride, and, wouldn't you know it, he returned my call! I mean, today everyone knows how patently suspicious it is when someone calls you back promptly with accurate information and decent prices! It's just too much, I tell you, and I hope none of you were taken for a ride by this slippery tire slickster.

And another thing: once, trackside, I asked him for fresh rubber, and he monkeyed around with my tires and told me I didn't need new ones yet! Now that's really sleazy. I felt robbed of the opportunity to spend money. No one should be made to tolerate this kind of abuse.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  11. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

I know nothing......(in my best Colonel Klink voice)

12. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

In the illicit drug world, this would be considered a "free day". They provide free crack to get you hooked. So now they're doing this shyt with fresh rubber, :crackhead: will be the result.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Scam Alert. Scam Alert. IIRC, that would have been Sargeant Schultz.

14. XACT-Man

Ah shit, too early in the morning, busted......I hear nothing.....

15. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

[​IMG]

:beer:

16. Prof._HH

Prof._HH Well-Known Member

He's always given me good advice on pressures and beat my local shop's price on front brake pads. He didn't even charge me to mount the take-offs I have on the bike now. I'm probably going to get some new rubber at Nashville. You think I should steer clear of this Stickboy character then?

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Be careful around that ginger jackwagon, he's planning something. No one can be as downright nice as he is and not be up to something.

I hate everyone (especially YOU) except for Stick.

18. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Venom was out so I was taking up the slack.

19. XACT-Man

That's a lot of slack to take up, especially for a guy who wears a cowboy hat.......:D

20. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Don't you have a chain to adjust or something?