1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hate McDead Tool Box Phenomenon

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by KawH1R, Mar 10, 2017.

1. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

So has anyone else experienced this? You spend the weekend pitted next to McDead and for some strange reason, you get home and your tool box weighs less than what it did before the race weekend. This seems to happen every time we pit together. Hmm....

2. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

I don't want fess up to anything concerning your communal tools, Mr. KawH1R, but perhaps you should be a little more specific as to what exactly your free-to-all, open-to-all, come one-come all, what's mine is yours, tool box is missing?

3. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

So here I was reaching for my imported Chinese side cutters and they were no where to be found. Seems the last time I remember seeing them was when Mr. Rutherford requested a pair when he was installing the quick change brake pads in the SV.

4. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Quick change rear brake on Stu's SV650 . . . . Now there's an oxymoron.

Cheers,

Dave

5. mwrlex

mwrlex Well-Known Member

Hey Doc,
    While you're at it, see if there is a Chinese 12mm Allen socket keeping company with those side cutters. :)

6. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

There you go, Stu always goes for the high dollar, expensive stuff.

7. Hate McDead

Boys, Boys, Always looking for the easy mark. I've built my entire toolbox inventory on the unsuspecting largesse of others. So rather point disparaging fingers at others, let's just review my open toolbox at CMP. Just remember that I'm a professional pick pocket. There's no telling what you may gain or lose while picking through my odds and ends.

8. Hate McDead

Guilty as charged. I just found the those cheap-ass Chinese side cutters in my box. I would admit to taking them except they are way below my standards even with the 5 finger discount. I will return them at CMP assuming that the pot metal hasn't disintegrated by then.

9. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

Below your standards.......Really????

10. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Stu has standards? Who knew?

Robin172 likes this.
  11. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

"Standards" is an infinitely flexible term. Certain people expand, and therefore define, the boundaries of such terminology. Stu is one such limit-expander. Never underestimate the man . . . . just when you think you had him defined . . . Bam! New limits. Whoda thunk? There goes Stu . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Or maybe they just get lower with each passing day...

13. Hate McDead

The very fact that I'm replying to this thread and this post speaks volumes as to my diminishing standards....

14. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

:crackup: