1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harley regret?

Discussion in 'General' started by wera313, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Lived straight down the Mt. Evans road on Chicago Creek outside of Idaho Springs. Fished Echo and the upper Chicago Lakes (hike in) on numerous occasion and used to take my XS 500 screaming up to the Summit House. God's country.

rd400racer, wera313 and ducnut like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Why not?

It’d jump a lot higher the next time over that crest, what with all the chrome and bolts that would fall off on landing. :D

3. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

And the rider.

4. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

With the number of cracked frames on the GL18’s not sure I would do it on the Honda either.

5. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Knotcher, cav115 and britx303 like this.
  7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

That was me who brought it up originally, but that was an either/or scenario from my POV of getting rid of that and getting the 1250 RT instead (I have a reasonable amount of smaller displacement street bikes to ride). I simply lack the maturity to not ride like a fucking buffoon on the XR.

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That exactly why I got rid of my FZ1 and bought the GS. Have you checked out the 1250RS? I think it looks pretty good myself.

ducnut likes this.
  9. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Love all the super badass tough guys who can only enjoy motorcycling if it’s on a sportbike. You guys are missing out. I’ve yet to find a motorcycle I didn’t like.

XFBO, Pitdad42, PMooney Jr. and 4 others like this.
  10. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah?

I have a Harley SS-175 I'd like to challenge your assertion with. :crackup:

Britt likes this.
  11. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Challenge accepted! :D

Britt likes this.
  12. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Have you been paying attention to the beeb lately?

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Some are just more fun than others.. kind of like woman.

14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I do, too, especially in black. Though, I’d do the R1250R, with a screen and bags.

rd400racer likes this.
  15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

gpz11 likes this.
  16. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Lol.

Attached Files:

17. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

On 95, heading for Daytona?

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Regarding a bike's attributes as (dis)qualifiers for consideration, brakes are tied at the top of my list with handling. Brakes follow a simple parameter - either they are acceptable, or they are not. I've yet to ride any HD, short of a “lightweight” Sportster, that gave any insight to an ability to stop if the situation demanded it. Even then, a Sportster has little resemblance to its name in any category not weighed against other HD models. HDs are just not meant to be ridden in any fashion exceeding a Thorazine shuffle...I can't abide that kind of substance abuse but, hey, that's just me. The point, in case it's not discernible, I will never have an HD on my list of considerations. Never.
    Hence, I shall never have any regret. :D

19. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

"Good brakes encourage bad driving."

Old English saying.

Phl218, pscook and Britt like this.
  20. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I rode my buddy's road king, hated it. I can ride a bicycle for 8 hours straight, riding a sport bike is comfy compared to the bicycle. :) . I think the ADV bikes are pretty comfy, I could do several hours on a Tenere no problem.