1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harley Davidson - Bronx and Pan Am

Discussion in 'General' started by Kendall, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

https://autos.yahoo.com/2021-harley-davidson-bronx-everything-173610117.html

Maybe this has been discussed already but I tried to search info on Bronx and nothing...

Anyway I know this is gonna get bashed on here but I wanted to know what you guys think of these two models and what you would change to make them bikes you would consider buying. I know Harley is trying to reach us and I know they apparently have PR people out in the field checking our "pulse" but it seems to just fall short each time.

Sound off as I know the WERA crowd is the best place to learn what really matters for Harley to have success in this market.

I'll start...the air box/gas tank looks too high on the Bronx...

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Doesn't look like a Harley.

I kind of like it.

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

All the pics are dark so you can't see much.

Just like fat ugly chicks' profiles on dating sites.

They should stick to selling tee shirts and ass chaps.

motion, Sabre699 and sdg like this.
  4. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Honda Nighthawk lookalike?

5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

No interest whatsoever

6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I think it's kind of neat looking. Would look a little better with some kind of tail fairing. At least a seat cowl...

Probably going to be $18K- why not just buy 2 KTM 790's and get the full electronics, too?

7. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the Lee sisters, Ug and Beast

Sabre699 likes this.
  8. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I probably wont be interested the first year but I assume they will be putting the 1200 engine from the PanAmerican in it which will make it much more lively.

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Off topic but we used to have a chinese-american engineer where I worked by the name of Yiu Lee. It only took us a day or two to give him a middle name....Ug....now, back to the Harley.

scottn likes this.
  10. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

H-D should do what BMW did when they built their first sportbike.. (I'm not saying they should or shouldn't build a sport bike). They should buy the best bike from their competitor and use that as a base since they have no history of building anything but cruisers. Because they will always fall short of their goal since they have no experience in these types of bikes. Its the only way they will be able to crossover to the different riders. They can build from their clone like BMW did. It will save them a ton of time and money and if done right they could have a hit on their first attempt.

ducnut likes this.
  11. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I actually like the look of the Bronx. However, if it’s a twin and doesn’t rev like a Duc, SV, RSV, RC51, etc, I’m not interested. Their engines have always been the letdown for me.

baconologist and ShadowBoxer like this.
  12. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the V-Max a little bit. Not bad. Probably a bit heavy, but getting better. I think Harley’s sweet spot for this type of bike is a street tracker, but that might just be my tastes.

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

So they invented a Buell with a gas tank. How many flat Earth followers are on the design team and what is their launch date

14. Looks like they ran out of money at the tail. I’d wager it will be 30% more than it’s competition with. at least 30% less performance and features (that actually matter).

Pixelator, ducnut and Gino230 like this.
  15. Street tracker would be cool. Probably issueless on the street but to be honest a lot of them are anyways.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

17. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

I do t get why HD doesn’t just pull the pin and use something else besides a V twin. As much as I love the twin. Ducati took the risk and went with a v4. HD needs a parallel twin middle weight. A large V4. Go all in on the flat track / scrambler trend as well. Stop being a life style company so much and become an engineering company.

A fast light weight flat track bike would be nice. For the road.

CharlieY likes this.
  18. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Looks fat, heavy and slow. Not interested in the slightest bit. Would rather a Z900 or even a CB1000R

19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Looks like a big Ruckus.

20. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I like your thinking. They do need to do something to counter the Indian. Losing at Flattrack is a great excuse to do something AWSOME (different).

I had a rude awakening this past year about how BAD some HD owners are still hypnotized by the factory.....and I own an HD FXR with 300,000 miles on it, love it.......Long story I will make short:

Geico and Parts Unlimited (I think) start a 2019 "Bike Giveaway"...2 bikes.... (1) HD 750 caferacer model, and (1) Indian Scout. like 90,000 entries (no bs), and a friend (acquaintance) gets selected as 1 of 8 finalists.....you MUST be in Sturgis, at the Buffalo Chip for the final drawing. He lives there, so no sweat!

So, as we are driving to the event, I'm going over the specs of both bikes, asking him questions, etc......I tell him straight up "If you get to pick, the better motorcycle is the Indian", and I go into why......He nods his head.

So here we are, backstage and on-stage with Snoop-Dog (who cares), Rusty Wallace, The International Bikini Team, and a HUGE Gecko. It was surreal.

Drumroll.....They chose the first name from the hat....and my buddy WINS IT! He gets to choose......!!!!!

He chose the Harley:confused:......so when he rides it, the miles go to his HOG membership. I was stunned. :eek:

PLEASE do something different Harley Davidson. Its obvious by the thread bike you are trying.

Does anyone know if the motor in the bike in this thread is the V-Rod motor?....they called that the "Revolution" also, right?