1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard Starting RZ350

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Motofun352, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

As the title says my RZ350 is a SOB to get running (when cold). 50 kicks sometimes. It may sputter then die...kick it again. Eventually it catches and I have to rev it up until it's warmed up. After that it will start with 1 or 2 kicks. I've cleaned the carbs, new plugs....what do I go after next? Thanks.

2. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

Does it have good spark? Sounds like a worn out top end, but my Husqvarna is hard to start but it needs a new coil, the spark is very weak.

3. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

yeah whats the compression like ?

4. Motofun352

Compression is 7:1...don't really know what the spec is for this bike. I did have the cyl's rebored with new pistons/rings a couple a years ago. Not very many miles since then. Has good sparks but I use a solid state converter with no battery.

5. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

i meant when you had it put together what were your compression test #'s compared to your compression test #'s now...

Bbp likes this.
  6. Too Stroked

Too Stroked New Member

Not sure if the US carbs are the same as the Canadian carbs in the sense the float bowls are different, on the Canadian carbs the left float bowl will have a small orifice for fuel pick up when the fuel enrichener is pulled, check you float bowls are not mixed up.

K51000 likes this.
  7. Motofun352

Thanks, will do...this makes perfect sense for what I'm experiencing.