1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harbor freight motorcycle dolly

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, May 26, 2013.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Beware of the rat-race in garages. We built our house and had a 24 X 24 garage built into it. In three months it was too small. I then built a 24 X 30 shop. It looked cavernous. (when empty) :eek: Two years later it was.................... yep, too small. DAMN! what next? I'm thinking about 4000 sq. ft.

(probably too small)

:)

2. guzziguy

guzziguy Well-Known Member

The nice thing about harbor freight is that it is such cheap shit that if you have to spend $50 on nice wheels you're still well ahead, and if you have to, you can weld a front wheel support or otherwise hack it around and not feel too bad.

3. :crackup:

It is the same shit with trailers. When i did my first track day, i had a 6x10 open trailer...and was perfectly fine. Then i ended up with a 7x12 enclosed trailer and thought it was perfect!

....for about 3 months. :crackup:

Now im thinking about shitcanning the Toy Hauler so i can get a motorhome and pull a bigger trailer so i can have a bigger garage.

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

agree 100% but this is the only thing I've found at a reasonable price. I have 2 street bikes and the race bike.. wish one was a dirtbike.. i'd just lean that sucker against the wall

5. trancework

trancework It's always now...

I have one, was going to get a couple stopped at one. IMO, the kickstand leg is too wide, doesn't save as much space as I wanted. Also, as previously noted, it's not as mobile as it looks. Had I known, I would not have bought one.

6. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

You can change the casters to heavier duty units and it will roll/glide easier. Not night and day but a def. improvement.