1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Handicapped Stand your ground

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I was annoyed this weekend at a handicap parker that parked in a regular space at the hotel when there were 6 of "their" spots available. We have to fight for what they are given and they just take what little scraps we have with no recourse. I'd have waited outside and stood my ground if I was in FL. :D

joec and Britt like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's like last night at the airport. Had people boarding with their sections who were old and could have used the pre board - what the hell man!

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Another interesting stand your ground case.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/i...rd-will-be-tested-in-2015-undercover-shooting

BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. - A man accused of opening fire on three Brevard County deputies during a prostitution sting at his home in 2015 will use Florida’s stand your ground law to seek immunity from prosecution.

In a recorded hospital bed interview the night of the shootout, John DeRossett, who 65 at the time, told a police officer he had no idea the men pulling his niece, Mary DeRossett Ellis, from his Cocoa home the night of Aug. 20, 2015, were sheriff’s deputies.

“I didn’t know who they were," DeRossett said. “It could have been the man in the moon, it could have been anyone. Who knows?”

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That will be interesting but details will matter there. If they were shouting loud enough he's got nothing.

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I know my dumpster guy comes on Tuesday and sometimes I don't hear him until he is going back down the drive..other times I hear him coming up the drive and all the BANGING of him emptying it..I could see it happening, especially if she let the UC guy in first..quietly

It was interesting 40rnds fired and they never said how many times dude was shot..or the cop.

Creepy, OldGuy having his 42yr old Hooker Niece living with him anyway.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm thinking he was he pimp :D

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Dippn that sauce...:crackup:

9. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Only cops are allowed to yell "police".

sheepofblue likes this.
  10. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

"In a sworn deposition, Officer John Casey Smith, who was hit in the lower abdomen the night of the shooting, said he did not recall anyone yelling, "Sheriff’s Office."

That's a pretty significant detail.....and doesn't bode well for the LEO's.

This is my county (Brevard), so pretty interesting to see how it shakes out.....

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I like that.

13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

How did they all leave their chairs?

Were there backup chairs available?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You couldn’t see the drag marks?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

The problem is, the stupid, able bodied fuckers who use handicapped spots, won't get it, and will continue on, stupidly.

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Flea

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Been huffin those fiberglass resins early today.

18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

C’mon now ... you know better. That statement would imply he stopped huffing them at some point.

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see. Sounds like the cops kind of messed up. In the sting it would seem they should have gotten her out of the house and then arrest or clear the house during the arrest. A LOT depends on the timing between grabbing her and him coming out shooting (warning shots are never a good idea)

20. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Sounds open and shut to me and the police need better things to do than set up in home prostitution stings.