1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Handicapped Stand your ground

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Fuk Yeah..her feelings were hurt some fucking wackeyed krakkka ass krakkka was telling her shit and shit.

joec and sheepofblue like this.
  2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I get asked for my phone number all the time at businesses now..... does this mean I can come over the counter and body slam them?

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Kills me now when they ask for my email... or text #.... NO

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I give em the office number :D

5. sheepofblue

So you're the @#$#@ $@#$!@ that gave my desk number to online health insurance quoters :mad:

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Our office number not yours. I let Emily deal with all the calls since I have the ringer turned off on my phone :crackup:

Come to think of it I'm not sure if my handset is even charged, can't remember the last time I talked on the phone at the office :D

sheepofblue likes this.
  7. sheepofblue

Some asshat made up my desk number and I got like 200 calls over a couple day period. They are still trickling in. This on a number that I only give to direct family or folks that have access to the work global address listing. Wish I could turn it off...

8. joec

joec brace yourself

That's just it. It's not my problem. It's got nothing to do with me. My sister is disabled. Never felt like I had to go around policing parking lots for her. She's an adult. She's got a phone. She's got the tag. If she needs the spot, she can take care of it. But I never felt the need to to approach anyone about it. Especially in most parts of Baltimore City.

If what mongo says it's accurate, if use of deadly force as self defense is justifiable, then I've got no problem with the guy being dead. Rtfrb!

Parking lot cop is still a douchebag.

9. joec

joec brace yourself

That is awesome, actually.

10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

If possible, get a new number then forward (or port) the old number to Twilio. Then setup a workflow to 1. Direct them to use simple IVR system to enter a forward request (this will get rid of automated spam calls), and then 2. Submit a verbal request for the new number that will send a voicemail to your email which you can then review. Then you can screen the legit ones. I’m going to do this for my personal phone as I get too many spam calls now.

11. sheepofblue

Sorry to hear that your sister has challenges more than others (hope she is doing well) but really it does not bother you more than the average person when you see some clown using a parking spot meant to make your sisters life a little better? Personally I see them and joke to myself 'must be mental' :beer:

12. sheepofblue

Military number the odds of getting that are less than zero LOL

13. joec

joec brace yourself

You can't always tell by looking. Haha.

14. sheepofblue

Of course not which is another reason not to act like the shooter.

My mom has one and some days gets around OK so you might think old but not really needing it. But between her knees, heart and other things she has no endurance and walking a long way just ain't in the cards anymore. So a good example of you cannot always tell.

But when a 20 year old dude jumps out of a Caddy SUV I think the assumption that it is moms as is the tag and he is just being a lazy POS is fairly safe :Pop:

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

In this case about the DG and DGGF being parked in a HC spot and being wrong for doing it ShooterDude was completely Right... she had no mirror HC Pass and no HC Tag and in fact was NOT HC.....in the sense that allows you to park in these spots

DG who was "Turning His Life Around" (according to his family and friends interviews) could have said "Fuck off KrakkkaAssKrakkka"... got back in his GF's car and moved on... instead he chose to NOT'Ta continue with his Life Turning Around and continued down that DeadEnd... pun intended.

joec likes this.
  16. joec

joec brace yourself

I usually try to not jump to conclusions so quickly. Just as likely they could be picking someone up, maybe have someone in the car with them...

Either way it's not my problem.

But thats a what the cop used to harass my sister about where she worked. She parked in one of the spots everyday with the tag. He didn't think she should. It took a call over to the shift sergeant from my father to end it. The idiot even wrote her tickets. My father is retired law enforcement now, but was working back then. Started with Baltimore City in 67. Retired from transportation in 2ooo.

17. sheepofblue

After the first ticket she should have sued as that is harassment. One is a mistake two is not.

18. joec

joec brace yourself

Easier, cheaper and likely as effective to let him over step in an official capacity, and then just make a phone call to the right person. I think it was handled well enough.

While I'm in no way defending the guy parking there without the tag, living in Baltimore I have a definite wariness about approaching unfamiliar vehicles and people without good reason. It's best left up to professionals who have the authority to do so. I realistically couldnt do anything about it other than bitch and I certainly can't make them move.

I just rely on the hope that eventually someone dummer than they are comes along and does something even dummer. :)

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bothers the hell out of me and I say the same thing :crackup:

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:stupid: