1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Handicapped Stand your ground

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Jul 25, 2018.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, someone (I'm too lazy to go back and reread) asked a very relevant question in the thread: do you honestly think that he would have behaved in the same way if he didn't have a gun? My guess is that like most people, he would have probably just made a snarky remark and kept walking to wherever he was going.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  2. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Looks like he had two attackers coming at him.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Would the DG have behaved the same way if he was the size of the shooter and the shooter was the size of the DG?
    Most people are not that quick to put their hands on someone.

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. joec

joec brace yourself

He should have shot her too. Lol.

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Thats what I ask earlier...were the Shooter ..6'4" 325...would DG have been so quick to bumrush his ass?? Yeah..not thinking so.

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would agree with you if the person he pushed wasn't a guy having an altercation with his girlfriend. Smaller guy than the shooter might have gotten just has heated. In my opinion, a smaller guy would have even been more likely to keep hitting the shooter after he was down. They seem to feel they have more to prove.

7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

No, it was the another guy that came out of the store. He put on the brakes when he realized there was a gun.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What did he do other than look at a tag and bitch at the driver?

You said he took the law into his own hands. He looked and bitched so yeah, you said bitching is taking the law into your own hands. 2+2=4.... :D

9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Would love to have the audio.

joec likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes. Knowing crotchety old fuckers I truly believe he absolutely would have done the same thing gun or not.

11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I’ve gone and had words with parking assholes, and I don’t carry. Don’t get why people think he only did it cuz of the gun. Sometimes it’s just the moral of letting a moronic asshole know they’re a moronic asshole.

Brad likes this.
  12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I think he’s gonna get off.

No matter what, the video shows absolutely ZERO threat/violence until DG iniates it.

We can armchair all we want, but I’m sure the video is most telling.

The dude never gets closer than a foot to her car, doesn’t raise his hands. At worst he’s calling her a dumbass.

Charging him is 100% politically motivated. After watching the video multiple times this is my “Better Call Saul” legal assessment.

badmoon692008 and sheepofblue like this.
  13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yep you nailed it I watched that and was waiting for the problem to start a bit before I realized it had. He was far enough away that I thought it was a background deal of someone talking to a friend at first. Also he was not just hanging out waiting for someone to whine at like some have implied. Sorry the DG attacked someone that was armed and paid heavily for the mistake. As to those saying he had a lot of time to decide not to shoot him that angle makes it more obvious he was blind sided by someone rushing in and to assume the person that acted like was now suddenly going to stop.... nope.

Britt likes this.
  14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

If you watch it closely.. DG hitches up his pants just before he shoves Shooter... then again while shooter is on the ground...amazing what you can see when you have the luxury of rewinding actions...

sheepofblue likes this.
  15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Why would it even be logical to think he was walking away after shoving the shooter that way?

16. joec

joec brace yourself

Holy crap. Talk about chumming the waters.

17. joec

joec brace yourself

Lol. Maybe while he was at it, he could have checked for valid displayed registrations and asked to see drivers licenses.

That dude is annoying.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That would be more invasive than what he did. That I'd agree would be taking the law into his own hands - well, trying to, no way in hell people are going to show some random asshole their license or registration :D

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

No doubt but do you assault annoying people you meet?

Oh and consider this. You pull up and someone is taking the handicap places because they area lazy $%$$%#@ yet you have a loved one that really needs and benefits from such a spot. So annoyed you go to say something hoping to shame them into better behaviour. Instead you get some obnoxious response like would come out of way to many self inflated snow flakes now. So instead of walking away you continue trying to correct the person who is likely not worth your time to be honest. Suddenly out of nowhere you get slammed to the ground...... Now in that situation up until the assault was anyone hurt?

badmoon692008 and Britt like this.
  20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Maybe
    Perhaps he should've also ask for her birth certificate, and proof of citizenship... maybe where she is from that parking space is for "Special People" like her...

joec likes this.