1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Handicapped Stand your ground

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Yall see this yet?

Apparently a lady parks in handicapped spot at store. Her bf and kid goes into store.

Older dude confronts her (she’s still in her car) and they get into verbal disagreement.

Dude comes out of the store pushes the old man to the ground. He pulls his carry and fires and kills the dude.

Guess I’m torn. A parking spot doesn’t deserve a life sentence, but a verbal disagreement damn sure doesn’t warrant pushing an older person either.

Before Chino, Jace, and sweaty (the Race brigade) comments, the shooter was white, the parked key and her man (the deceased) were black.

So now it’s about race.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I think pulling the gun would have been enough, but who knows.
    I also think the guy shouldn't have walked up and shoved the man to the ground, he was not threatening the woman.
    One hothead ran onto another and one lost.

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Dude should fry, pure and simple.

When he drew his weapon the guy started to back away. He then opened fire. 100% bad shoot. Nothing to do with race, everything to do with stupidity (shooter).

Had the guy pushed him to the ground and started pummeling him it would be a different story.

4. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Cranky old man who wanted an excuse to shoot someone found one. Never should have been allowed to walk out of that parking lot. But what are you going to do? Florida is gonna Florida...

snikwad and Fonda Dix like this.
  5. In Your Corner

You're probably correct that he welcomed the opportunity to use his gun, but it was the dead guy who gave him that opportunity.
    Without researching it, I would feel comfortable wagering that the dead guy has assaulted others in the past.
    This time he assaulted somebody who was just as potentially violent as he was and who had the law on his side.
    There's always the civil courts.

6. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

You say that like an old man who would shoot someone who was backing away for pushing you. Pretty interesting to hear your thoughts in the FTP thread vs old white man that could have been you.

7. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Seems the guy got exactly what he was looking for. Dead. Feel bad for the kids, his GF/wife(?) , well, I’m sure she’ll suffer mentally knowing her lack of respect contributed to that guys death.

Hope his kids learn the lesson from this. If you walk around with a chip and think you’re a badass, you’re eventually going to run into someone who doesn’t give a crap about your mouth or your life.

ToddClark and ToofPic like this.
  8. In Your Corner

Don't let your imagination run away with you.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

On life over, one messed up, kids traumatized and countless people outraged because someone parked illegally. Come on, it was a convenience store. How many more steps could it have taken to walk from a legal space?

Montoya likes this.
  10. joec

joec brace yourself

Who made that guy the parking police?

ClemsonsR6, GixxerBlade and snikwad like this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No she/they won't. They'll blame the shooter, the law, the racists, and Trump, play the victim card to it's full value, soak up as much publicity as possible, sue everyone even remotely connected, then ride off into the sunset with the settlement money.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He was probably handicapped. They take that shit seriously. I accidentally parked in one one time (the paint was covered in grease/oil and the sign was not up) and some lady with a cane berated me at the DMV about it until I moved my car.

joec likes this.
  13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I read he ( the shooter ) had been around before looking for people parked in the handicapped spots and giving them shit if they weren't supposed to be there.

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I'm not agreeing one way or the other on the incident, but will make two points.
    1) people of all colors REALLY need to refrain from putting their hands on others......this incident should be a wake up call on ah's who feel they could assault anyone they feel like. People should be able to voice their opinions without fear of getting their asses kicked from someone who gets butthurt.
    2) Pro 2A folks should be concerned over these incidences cuz a handful of these could potentially get laws changed against our favor.

Final note, had the assaulter NEVER put his hands on that guy he'd more than likely still be alive.

15. joec

joec brace yourself

I also read/heard that other people had come forward to say he threatened to shoot over it in the past.

While I in no way can agree with someone taking that spot, vigilantism is not the correct answer.

16. joec

joec brace yourself

Ignoring him and getting in your car and driving away is the best answer.

sheepofblue likes this.
  17. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Not parking there would been the bestest answer.

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Sounds excessive but hard to say without more details. Certainly in the short description above it sounds over the top. But when the guy came out was he threatened? Was the dead dude trying to open the door to get to his wife? Etc. lots missing that would matter to me if I was on a jury.

19. joec

joec brace yourself

Agree

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No one. How hard is it to not park in the HC space? More than a few on the board use those spaces out of ongoing need. More intermittently due to injury. This entire situation would have not occurred except for pure a$$ lazy.

Uncle Snake, ToofPic, cav115 and 2 others like this.