1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hammer....dropped

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by prospected, May 9, 2017.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Nice letter but if he did what he preached he would likely either be still working or dead :crackup: When multiple branches AND him say don't do what Hillary did because you will go to jail yet he did not refer charges to the justice department he failed.

2. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Exactly, if he did his job he would be six feet under.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

XFBO likes this.
  4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Yea, me too, if you find out please share it with the rest of us.

However, if you wanna know what she was absolutely guilty of, read up on this one. > 18USC793(f)

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

One other piece of irony is that if Clinton had won the election, there is zero doubt that she would have fired Comey first thing after her swearing in.

XFBO likes this.
  6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

And all claims of a cover up would be shamed, dropped and swept under the rug by the media.

7. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

Ah, I had the wrong statute. Thanks for the link. Although, 793(f) does require knowledge. Good luck proving that beyond a reasonable doubt in the federal system. The facts were just too muddled. Did she do it? Most likely. Proving it in court is another matter. OJ showed us that, and that was only at the state level. Comey was right that no prosecutor in their right mind would try to take that on.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

8. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

I think the dumbest thing they could do would be to indict Hillary, that would make her such a martyr. Just let her fade away.

eggfooyoung likes this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

^^This Ignoring her is the worst punishment you could offer.

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  10. mtcam77

mtcam77 Well-Known Member

Only because she was a Clinton and the darling of the left. For the average Joe, there was insurmountable evidence of criminal activity.

11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yep then the next politician realizes the cost of lawlessness is zero and does what?

XFBO and speeddaddy like this.
  12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

This is the section she should have been charged under, specifically the bolded portion.

(f)
    Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

She doesn't have to have knowledge that it was removed. Gross negligence is all that is required, and since emails and documents that went through her hands ended up in a number of places they shouldn't have, we know she's guilty of negligence.

13. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Next time you get popped for speeding just tell the officer you didn't intend to speed and I'm sure he'll let you off.

GixxerBlade likes this.
  14. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Funny story...

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

You THINK it'd be hard to prove the SECRETARY OF STATE didn't possess the 'knowledge' of how State secrets should be handled?
    Please bro.....ignorance has NOT been a valid defense for a lot longer time than both our existence. Either way tho, Jim Comey had NO BUSINESS playing prosecutor on the matter.

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Martyr? To whom, her most rabbid supporters? F'em

But I'd be perfectly OK with waiving her prison sentence for an outright ban from any/all involvement in Federal and State politics........her running or supporting a municipal or county office position would amuse me to no end, so I'd allow it. :D

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Hillary Klinton is either a liar and felon or completely and wholly incompetent. Very simple, black and white, straight forward to anyone with an IQ over 50. Which is why the libs love her.

18. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

I don't disagree that the statutes, as written, provide a legal basis to pursue prosecution for the Clinton e-mail fiasco. The reason I say the case would be exceedingly difficult to win is due to legal precedent in similar instances. Interpretation of the law is arguably more important than how it is written.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

And like Mr. Comey, you're stuck on the precedence which is completely inappropriate. The ONLY difference in this matter and other people who got caught for doing much less and prosecuted was that they weren't running for POTUS.

Bottom line, did she mishandle classified material that could have put our nation at risk?....YES.
    Did she pass that classified data to staff who did NOT possess clearances? YES

Case CLOSED.....(if it were ANYONE else). There is no interpretation to be had here. Comey even closed his first press conference making it perfectly clear, if anyone else commits these crimes they will be prosecuted.

20. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

You act like she's the very first one to break the law, lie, or be incompetent, given those parameters that sums up our last several presidents. If the right tries to send Hillery to prison the left will do the same to Bush and it will devolve into this never ending witch hunt. As someone else pointed out, the worst punishment she can receive is to be ignored.