1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halloweeners!

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We bought waaaaayyyy too much candy thinking that the kids need to get out and who doesn't love candy.

Snickers, Reeces and the usual good stuff. Bagged up with three pieces in each bag, no need to dig in the bowl and get your hands on all the other shit.

Let's see how many kids actually go out.

What are you giving out? :)

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Three Reese's pieces per bag? Generous.

kangasj likes this.
  3. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Just moved to new house on a street that is kind of detached from rest of neighborhood and down a hill. Apparently the tradition here is everybody chips in to buy full size candy bars in order to entice kids to come down. So we'll see.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

One reeses, one whatever (kit kat or herseys) and a tootsie pop. Some bags have a fourth pc, almond joy (I can only eat so many of them).

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Got some candy shit put in a bowl on the front steps, serve yourself ya rotten shits, I got my own problems to deal with.

Like getting rid of all the shit the monsters bring home. Garbage disposal sounds good...

beac83 likes this.
  6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Now see, I figured you'd be the guy handing out apples.

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Giving out ?? I thought the kids were supposed to drop off treats or get tricked. :D

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

We haven't had any show up in years, if one does the wife will be looking in the cabinets for something.

9. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

We normally average 150 kids. We are off a coldesac and the main steet gets thousands of kids and the neighborhood goes all-out. I dont think we are going to get the heavy traffic this year and I am on a serious diet getting ready for next season. So "I" shopped for candy today instead of the wife. bought one single bag "90" pieces of skittles/starburst mix.

Wife is all pissed off saying thats not enough candy. "1 piece each" if we start getting a shit-ton of kids. Other years my wife buys so much candy that I end up taking it to work in my office in a bowl for the following 3 months. Ive been working from home since March so thats not gonna happen either. I also see many houses in the neigborhood this year with large sign on the garage door "HOUSE UNDER QUARANTINE, NO CANDY" but most of the neighborhood arent p^$$ys and are going to save the day.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

"What are you dressed up as?"

"Joey Ramone!"

"Wait here" <run into the kitchen> throw the kid a bag with like 7 snickers minis in it. :crackup:

cortezmachine likes this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Road apples maybe...

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Quit years ago as a big year was 2 kids more than one I got zero. Plus the little blighters don't even wait till dark. Though Angus went to the feed store as Bat Dog and scored treats, pets and compliments (Spitfire stayed home he hates people)

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Canned Tuna is always good.

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

...and popular!

Also leaves nice big dents in the rear panel of big SUVs parked in the handicap zone...

E Reed, 969, Sabre699 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Granola bars...they are the way to fly. Really cuts down on the traffic once the word gets out.

beac83, Gixxerguy855 and brex like this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'm giving out dental floss...

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Good, I need more customers for my floss farm in Montana.

black knight likes this.
  18. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Problem solved.

[​IMG]

SpeedyE, Phl218, YamahaRick and 2 others like this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ran out of the bags of candy early and had to break them down to take 1 pc of candy.

Gave out maybe 70 3 pc bags of candy, a few 2 pc bags (when we were starting to panic) . . . and 1 beer, 3 smokes and a lacrosse stick. :D

gixxernaut and tl1098 like this.
  20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Covid definitely killed the traffic this year. We usually have pretty non-stop traffic in our hood. This year ... it was dead half way through, so we’re giving out GOBS of candy to those that did show up. Those that made the effort scored big this year.