1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hallett

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Diesel, Apr 11, 2001.

1. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Hey Buff! What was your impression of Hallett? I heard you and your dad raced there last weekend. I also heard you rode a 75/5... how was that? I bet it was a blast!

2. VINTAGE777

VINTAGE777 Guest

Yea Buff lets hear a race report.Jens hows the hand doing?

3. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

Well we had all day friday to practice- and after session 1 with the /5 I was not impressed with its power delivery or its suspension setup. It was overcast and I was not able to get heat into either tire either. After 2 more sessions I became more comfortable with the tricky cicuit. There were asphalt patches in areas that were smooth, but the most difficult part of the tack 4,5 was the bumpiest and the rebound dampening on the big bimmer was getting confused in this area of transition. I began riding the bike harder still being smooth, changed some lines and started getting up to speed. I was running around with Larry Poons on his G50 for awhile but soon passed and tried picking it up.By the end of the day I was pretty comfortable and enjoying the bike as well as the terrific and technical layout of Hallet. I was wishing for my cb to appear. Race day I was up against a Harley XR750 and a Honda CR750, I was on a 2500 dollar BMW... hmmm. Well I followed the Harley in practice and he seemed to be sandbagging me, and the pilot of the CR crashed his Manx a day earlier so I may have a chance. Anyway I won both races easily turning consistent 138's. Spargo was on his formula bike was the only to get by in the race. I love the track- much better than Talladega.

Buff

4. VINTAGE777

VINTAGE777 Guest

Just goes to prove if your da man,then you da man no matter what your riding. [​IMG]

5. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Good goin' dude! Which direction did you run? Counter-clockwise?

6. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

The ends have closed up but they just feel freaky. Most of the tips are numb to light touch but the few nerve endings that are there freak out when bumped against something. Another weird thing is if I poke at the very tips of the fingers with a pencil, it feels like I'm poking the side of my finger... this provides hours of entertainment!

7. VINTAGE777

VINTAGE777 Guest

Man i can just picture you sittin in the gargage poking your fingers with a pencil [​IMG]