1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hackers have my password emails

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 6, 2019.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

2. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

On a related note, there are tons of popups that claim your system is infected. 'Click Here' to clean your system bla bla bla, all bullshit and the popups can be frustrating at times and difficult to terminate. Always checking the process behind the popup can give you an idea if its the browser or something running from your hard drives.

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Like you said, you’re no expert.

Cannoli and Chris like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

again, why isn't the Beeb not secure when logging in?

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

because they screened the inmates and concluded it's not safe

6. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

If you are, since you're on this forum, I'd probably trust that.
    So that email checking site is legit?
    Does anybodies email NOT come up infected on it?
    Anyone?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Got a few of those and yeah they had real pws from crap sites - I can tell because they were the throwaway pws I use on those sites. I ignored them and nothing has happened nor can it happen as all they could do is get to bs sites where I have no real info or cc's stored or the like.

8. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Both of mine are clean...

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Considering there have been billions and billions of emails and other PII that have been found in breached data, including 3 billion Yahoo addresses, the chances of someone not being affected are smaller than someone that has been affected.
    Here's a listing of breached websites and lists: https://haveibeenpwned.com/PwnedWebsites
    Here's a listing of the largest breaches ever: https://qz.com/1480809/the-biggest-data-breaches-of-all-time-ranked/
    The "ihavebeenpwned" website just informs you if you have anything on that list. There's no great conspiracy and all the information discovered by Troy Hunt (ihavebeenpwned owner) is publicly available data that he cross checks against.

Cannoli likes this.
  10. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I would assume because no SSL server cert has been installed. Those things are more than a little PITA to get the first time, too. And they aren't cheap, either.

11. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Free!
    https://letsencrypt.org/

BigBird likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I honestly have no clue on it but I trust Jim and the peeps to keep it all safe.

13. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I've been working DoD cybersecurity for the last 10 years. That's how I know.

joec and BigBird like this.
  14. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

BigBird likes this.
  15. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and yet, right now, I'm wandering around your house, wearing only a jockstrap, putting ass prints on all your stuff and getting ready to make a ham sandwich. :D

MikeR and Cannoli like this.
  17. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Not possible. I ate the last of the ham for breakfast, so, ha! :D

18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Good. He lied, anyway. He’s really looking for “sausage”. :D

Cannoli likes this.
  19. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Mumbling something about bun length

Funkm05 likes this.