1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guns n shit

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Buckwild, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

It's about exploiting the loophole.
    I learn good.

2. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Sorry, I forgot they prefer to be identified as ammosexual.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup::beer:

4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

5. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup:
    Damnit this thread is entertaining!!!

6. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

If there's a blanket, this is the illness I'd use it for seriously. On the other hand, I'd love to see more money going in to care for these folks. Take the guns & give them the treatment they need. I'm good with that, and i'm a 2a supporter.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Point 1, this was not a law, it was a regulation.
    Point B, at the very least a court hearing is required before
    taking away someone's Constitutional right.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ahhh, a little different :D

That's still a big old segue, just an example that always pops into my head when people talk mental illness and restrictions due to it. Back to the actual subject, I'm still curious what exactly would qualify as a mental illness disability to get you a check. If they're all illnesses that cause a person to be a danger to themselves or others then it was a good law. If however even one of those 75,000 have an illness that wouldn't cause them to be violent then it's an unjust law that needed removing.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno if money is the fix, DOD has plenty of cash (yes I know they don't spend enough on PTSD), biggest issue is as with most mental illness, the person who has it needs to want help.

One cool thing that is happening is the taboo is less than it ever was and there is plenty of publicity on how to get help. Lots of it in general entertainment too which helps remove the stigma and could get someone to recognize they need to get some help. Things are changing for the better in a huge way compared to even 20-30 years ago.

10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Nah, he's dead, and I'm in Calif, all purchases get a background check. :D

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  11. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Try again, the date on that article is from 2017.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh, so that's what it looks like as I try to get caught up. :crackup:

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hey Buckwild, has anyone brought to your attention that this article is a few years old? Asking for a friend. LOL

14. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Half the country is mentally ill.....if you see things different than the norm, you are mentally ill. Not all mental illnesses are bad.
    Many psychopaths (mental illness) in the country/world, many, many....most function and achieve/prosper through hi-IQ and functioning w/out the anchor of empathy or emotion. But then an outlier like Ted Bundy is a serial killer. Go figure.

Legit scenario: a menatlly healthy kind man watches his house burn to the ground w/ wife/kids in it, unable to get them out, as he hears their screams.
    Now he has diagnosable PTSD and depression, not genetically, but situationally. He is haunted by the loss, haunted by the visuals, haunted by the screams.
    Now the guy is too ill/depressed to go to work, and loses his job.....and then he becomes even more depressed. Seeking SS to keep a roof over his head, and food in his belly.
    I mean, wtf, the guy is a Danger to others because of his bad luck and trauma? BS. And if he is, then every normal person is one tragedy away from being dangerous.

A depressed/ptsd person who inflicts pain/injury to others, was always capable of doing such....he just needed the right triggers to set him off.
    A depressed/ptsd person who isn't capable, or would never harm another......they never had that sociopathic/psychopathic/evil gene in them.
    How do you throw both types of people into the same category?

fastfreddie likes this.
  15. ineedanap

That might be the criteria in the dungeon, but it is definitely not the criteria in the medical community. The medical definition involves distress or impairment of personal functioning.

Having said that, I see your point.

SpeedyE likes this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Like thinking your dick wasn't intended for you when you were conceived, so now you play women's tennis?

cav115 and brex like this.
  17. ineedanap

That wasn't the first thing that came to my mind, but hey if a male to female sex change is the first thing you think of, than good for you I guess.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So now gender dysphoria isn't a mental disorder that, and I quote, "involves distress or impairment of personal function"?

19. ineedanap

I don't know, is it? I'm no psychiatrist.

Sounds like there are a lot if experts in the ways of the penis around here. Ask them.

beac83 likes this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If someone had a bout of depression twenty years ago this bill made it possible to revoke their 2nd Amendment right on a whim. It's gun grabber nonsense built on their mountain of lies.

This bill would do zero to stop another school shooting which is what the Dems claim to care about. Obviously they don't because they keep pushing dumb shit like this and have done nothing to actually secure schools.

cav115, ryoung57 and SpeedyE like this.