1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guns n shit

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Buckwild, Mar 6, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

But why does that automatically mean they're violent or unstable?

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

this trope needs to be dropped anyway. You never hear anyone who advocates for free speech called a 1A "nut"

Its a constitutional right. Jeez.

3. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I have to ask so I understand - Are you saying that a person with PTSD should not automatically be denied access to firearms? Because that's the one illness I personally would target. I have close family members that suffer from PTSD and one of them having a firearm would make me shit my pants.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, a very broad determination that the law didn’t specifically specify other than those who are receiving SS payments. Receiving payment was the trigger mechanism, not the mental illness itself.

Again, define mental illness. Dont make the determination based off of who is receiving SS payments - which is exactly what the law did.

5. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

It doesn't. That's the reason for the check.
    This is the reason there's no reasonable gun legislation. As soon as we have the conversation the narrative turns to "They taking our guns!"

6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I'm no detective, and I'm not trying to blow up your spot, BUT the very article that you linked in the intial post in this thread is OVER 2 YEARS OLD.
    20190306_121602.jpg

7. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

I think PTSD is one area where we absolutely need to limit firearm access. 20 servicemen and women kill themselves every day. Try to hang yourself and you have a few minutes to reconsider. Try to shoot yourself and there is no reconsidering.

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Mental illness would include not knowing what year it is.

CB186, fastfreddie and Spang308 like this.
  9. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Well shit. I stand corrected.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, the people doing it are good government workers, they're using all of their budget every year to make sure they get one next year so they'll produce some stuff along the way :D

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Exactly my point. Since when is advocating citizens rights that are specifically protected by an amendment in the Constitution considered to be anything drastic and those individuals labeled as nuts. :crackup:

Over Reactor would be proud.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  12. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

That's pretty clever. You did really well.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Because that's what they're doing. There should be zero gun legislation. It's illegal to hurt another person, regardless of the tool. Are you aware of why the 2nd Amendment exists?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, all sorts of PTSD out there, some absolutely should keep the sufferer from being armed, some shouldn't. That's why I keep going back to it's too broad - it needs to separate out who is a risk and who is not rather than lump them all into the risky category. Your statement is a perfect example, you have multiple family members who suffer but only one shouldn't have weapons.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I have a bridge for sale, perhaps you'd be interested?

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, but he’s not receiving any SS payments so he’s good to go. :D

fastfreddie and In Your Corner like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's an entirely different issue overall though. VA estimates 12-15% of vets from just the Gulf and Iraqi wars have PTSD. Should they all be refused their rights? I don't think so.

MachineR1 likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Read what I said better :D

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Only if they're spending those SS checks on assault weapons and hydro-shok rounds. :D

20. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Correction- I meant to say "Any one of them".