1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gun peeps/dealers?

Discussion in 'General' started by PistolPete, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Maybe I do want to fly cargo if passengers think bringing undeclared gun parts on airplanes will fly. Yes, the is Pun intended

just put the slide in the mail which is totally legal

Bunch of knuckle heads up in this beyotch

2. 418

418 Expert #59

Something doesn't sound right about this story.

I unknowingly went thru a TSA line with a knife in my pocket. Had to do the whole "Sir we'll need to to come with us bit" but without too much hassle they told me they can get rid of it for me or I can mail it to myself. Apparently there was a shipping parcel in the airport? Don't remember the details. I ended up just giving to them to throw away or whatever they end up doing with it.

3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I doubt they would know with those parts, but it's possible

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Most airports have a kiosk for this right in the tsa checkpoint

418 likes this.
  5. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

I asked why that wasn’t the case. They just said there wasn’t one, and my wife’s options were to back out of security and check the bag, or give it up. She didn’t have time, so it’s gone. The bitch is, when she got to the gate, they took the bag and checked it anyway...

6. Yeah, that is a kick in the nuts.

7. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Phl218 likes this.
  8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

My question is, why would you give your wife a slide to take on a plane? This is 2021, not 1991.

Stupid should hurt.

9. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i had a pocket knife cliped on my jeans in carry on. tsa guy was cool and said to just check in the bag and i did

10. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

send it to smith and wesson for repair....

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They give you the option of checking it or taking it back to your car or whatever. When you say no, it's a voluntary surrender.

12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I accidentally walked up to security with a benchmade auto in my pocket. I was super late for my flight so I just handed it over. Got to the other side of security and realized that I'd rather catch the next flight than surrender a $300 folder that was gift. I walked back up to TSA and said I changed my mind and asked for it back outside security. Nope. They said "voluntary surrender" means it's gone forever. I was pretty close to losing my shit.

I wonder who gets all the cool stuff people forget in their bags and pockets. I'd bet my life it doesn't go in the trash.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They sell it. All the time. Someone on here was reselling confiscated knives they bought in bulk.

14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Guaranteed that Gomer or Jamahl never let it get to the box.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

From what I can tell they're stupid strict about it, anyone busted stealing gets fired.

Sabre699 likes this.
  16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

17. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

ebay has tsa box's you can buy, its just tons of random shit

18. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I had a TSA approved lock on a pelican case that I use at work and after the 2nd time I used it, it was gone. I checked eBay later on cuz I also wondered what happens to stuff that TSA keeps and there were a few people selling dozens of used TSA locks on there! Very suspicious! Lol

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

sbk1198 likes this.