1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gun at a knife fight at Grattan

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 2Big4Bike, May 14, 2021.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

That sounds like a cry for help if you ask me.

2. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

i went back to the 2020 results. of the 15 races i entered (V4,5,6lw) i was the only one in 12. why even bother i ask myself? nothing else to do i guess.

3. rotax454

rotax454 Well-Known Member

Since on the subject of V7 heavyweight, why not the Aprilia RSV 2004-2007? Rules allow the first Gen, why not the second Gen? Rules allow for the Honda RC51 without any exclusions. SP1 to SP2.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because we hate people.

:crackup:

I honestly don't know, the rules were set up by others and so far every time I've gone and done the research the newer models did make advances that weren't viable with the original way the class was set up.

The RC51 didn't get any better from start to finish.

5. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

Maybe because 2nd Gen Aprilia = radial brakes :dead:...and its a much improved model????

6. cowboy dann

cowboy dann Well-Known Member

I know Spirit of the rules and all of that but I just would like to see more people out here to race. At this level it's more about Rider ability than bike anyway. Hell JT could run top 5 in c superbike on a 92 F2

969 likes this.
  7. rotax454

Having done research on the RC51 before deciding on the Aprilia, the SP2 model was a big improvement over the SP1. New frame meant much sharper handling. Other small improvements too.
    Honda had taken the lessons learned in the SP-1's first season, producing the SP-2 for 2002. A stronger, more rigid frame and swingarm were identical to the WSB race bike parts and engine modifications boosted peak power by 3 kW (4 bhp) and cut weight by 5 kg (11 lb). Factory specifications for road going SP-2s (sourced from Honda) were 133 bhp with a top speed of 168 mph.

8. rotax454

My point is, the changes - improvements from GEN1 to GEN 2 RSV's were minor in comparison to the RC51. My argument is not with having the RC51 in V7 HW. Is with not having the 2004-2007 RSV.

9. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

The Aprilia was a better bike than the RC 51 and the 2nd generation motor is a better engine.
    If a person is really interested in racing vintage then read rulebook and come play.
    Hell F2 and F3s are everywhere and a good competitive package in Both V7 classes.
    Burns is selling his Shrad 750 he just beat everyone on at RA and its ready to race.
    We are still figuring out the new Rules for V6 and V& HW.
    But certain bikes are left out for a reason and are added for a reason.
    I dont know the process but guys who are know more about this than me.
    i just showed up to race what others line up with on.
    Its about having fun. so figure out what's best for you and come join in.

Steven

10. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

Are you going to actually show up at Barber this year? I may race up to V7MW again with my 490 for fun.

11. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Right now im am trying to get my hands to function enough to make it safe for me to race.
    RA was very frustrating and an eye opening experience.
    RA showed me just how bad my hands are and im working on a solution to this.
    If not i will be retiring.
    I wouldnt want to put me or anyone else in danger by not being able to control my bike.
    But i am working to solve this issue as i do want to race and grid up at Barber and rest of the races and GNF.

Steven

12. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

The guy ran a bike that sounds legal for the class and no one else showed up. I'm sure he would have preferred people to race with so give a guy a break - not his fault no one else showed up.