1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guitars on airplanes

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Jun 21, 2019.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Want to bring a guitar on a flight this afternoon. I always see people carrying them so I know it’s a thing, but where does it go on the plane?

It might fit in the overhead bin but would take up the whole thing which is a dick move. Do they put them in the coat closet or something?

2. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

You can do either. If there is space they’ll Probably just say put it in the overhead. Legally they have to let you bring it in the cabin I think. Just don’t be the last person boarding and demanding room for your “livelihood” and people won’t judge you too hard.

A decent soft travel case works. If you are traveling to nashville, you’ll be one of 10 people on the plane with guitars

JBraun likes this.
  3. rwdfun

rwdfun

I think you can just carry it on and play it if you want. Seen it on a movie once
    [​IMG]

BHP41, Dragginass, Mot Okstef and 4 others like this.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

You guitar players have it easy. You should have seen them bitch the last time I brought my drum kit onboard:D

Phl218 likes this.
  5. joec

joec brace yourself

It goes in the over head with the frying pans

Mot Okstef, sharkattack and Funkm05 like this.
  6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Sit down, take that sucker out and play a little tune.

B000EWBKKS-081.jpg

Wheel Bearing and JBraun like this.
  7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The singing Nun in Airplane did it better.

sharkattack likes this.
  8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

After exercising said dick-move. You tell anyone on that gawd damned aero plane that you’re a WERA Man-Card Carrier. Please report back immediately with said results. Video would be great :clap:

K51000, Mot Okstef, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

That will probably get him an El Kabong with his own guitar. :D

dtalbott likes this.
  10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Doesnt he have to be wearing a sombrero and a mask for a proper kabong?

that will just take up more space

dtalbott likes this.
  11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Didn’t do it. Had something come up and nearly missed my flight.

On the bright side I got upgraded and was in row 1 so I had great seats for the argument between the stewardess and the only guitar-toting passenger. Made me glad I left it.

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Whip that bad boy out and flail on some Master of Puppets. Plane will be 30 minutes early and you'll pick up like 5 MILF stewardess chicks.

You're welcome.

BHP41, K51000, yuengling910 and 3 others like this.
  13. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Brought an acoustic onboard when I emmigrated to USA. They stored it in a closet near bathrooms.

14. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Until she ripped out the girl’s IV. Good thing she recovered to get the job of assistant cruise director...

Mot Okstef and Yzasserina like this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

17. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Most blues musicians that I know (not big names but get gigs everywhere) who travel domestically and internationally hate traveling with a guitar because of frequent damage - whether as checked luggage or carried on, someone finds a way to break their guitar. They typically say take a second-string (no pun intended) guitar if you must, otherwise pack it very well and trust a shipper better, buy a seat for it, or buy/borrow a guitar at destination.

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The person who was playing that guitar is famous, just don't remember who, and too lazy to look it up!

19. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Google the video "United Breaks Guitars"

I would post a link but does that earn a ban?

20. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Naaah you good. Go ahead and post it.

gixxernaut likes this.