1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gsxr Limited Photos

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by boccarp, Feb 26, 2007.

1. LawBrkrRcn

LawBrkrRcn Member

LTD Swingarm

Hey Pete,
    Thats a stock swingarm that a buddy of mine braced. I've attached a couple pictures of the other side for you to look at. L8R Mark

Attached Files:

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. silvertdi

silvertdi Member

Nice swingarm. I'd like to brace my spare. Probably on the bottom like my current swingarm. Without the eccentrics, though. What are you using to protect your shock from road debris? It looks like a hugger or piece of rubber.

Attached Files:

3. LawBrkrRcn

LawBrkrRcn Member

LTD Swingarm

That is a lower fender from Airtech. I bought an upper and lower from them. I took the upper off as I didn't like it. L8R Mark

4. dan68rs

dan68rs Member

I have a 87 that I am fixing up, I was wondering if anyone has a link or some info on changing out the wheels.. thanks

5. silvertdi

silvertdi Member

Thanks Mark. Much appreciated. :beer:

6. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

bracing

Yea Mark that arm is some nice work. anyone ever see the factory kit piece? I know there was a part listed in the Yosh catalog way back when. Don't know if it was a Yosh part or a kit part. I'd like to see that piece again...if memory serves me it was a very stout piece with much bigger main beam extrusions and a nice bridge over the top. The Lockhart bikes from the day wore those pieces. Anybody have one hanging around?

cya Pete

7. dan68rs

dan68rs Member

:Poke:

8. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

17 inch rear wheel conversion is buy 91-95 gsxr 750 wheel with cush drive, sprocket carrier and sprocket and replace. It's a direct swap out. If I remember correctly the rear disc from your 87 will fit. Front is a bit more complicated with bearings and spacers and whether or not you actually need the speedo drive to work.

9. XRacerX

XRacerX Well-Known Member

:up:

You can use the 88-89 750, 89 1100 rear wheel but it is a 4.5". The 90-92 750 & 1100 will work the easiest, you could even use your spacers/axle. The W/C bikes (92-93 600, 93-95 750, & 93-98 1100) will also work, but you will need a different spacer as the rotor mount is a little different. The later W/C wheels went to a more modern looking straight spoke wheel, that is actually lighter. The 92-93 600 used a 5 bolt hub for the sprocket carrier, and it is the lightest one out there, prob not great for a big 1100 though. The SRAD generations wheels are a totally different animal, very difficult swap. For more detailed into... visit Gixxer.com and find your way to the Oil-Cooled section... lots of info... :beer:

You can use the 01-03 600, 00-03 750, 01-02 1K rear rotor on the 1st gen gsxrs, straight bolt on. The 2nd gen can also use these rotors but you will need to use the brake-caliper bracket (shorter) from the 1st gen.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  10. dan68rs

dan68rs Member

11. S2Landie

S2Landie Well-Known Member

What made the "Limited" different than the standard GSX-Rs? I had an 86 project bike and now after looking at these pics, I wish I still had it. Damn...

12. LawBrkrRcn

LawBrkrRcn Member

The differences between the two were,
    GSXR1100 forks, Brake calipers, Rotors, Electronic anti dive. Clip ons,
    Custom upper triple clamp, Solo Seat, Fiberglass tail section, Aluminum heel
    guards, Aluminum chain guard, Swingarm, Aluminum rear shock, Cable
    operated clutch, Magnesium counter sprocket cover and the biggest thing
    of all a DRY CLUTCH. I think that covers it. L8R Mark

13. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

ltd vs standard

you forgot the turbo charged supercharger with the nitrous injected alcohol burning fuel system....:up:

14. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

The other difference was the rear shock.

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Linkage/knuckle was different too

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

1100 frame...