1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gsxr Limited Photos

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by boccarp, Feb 26, 2007.

1. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

hey here's my GSXR LTD....I had two limited motors so I made one of them into the monster you see here. Full Yoshimura big 1190cc big bore on the limited bottom end with dry clutch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TurboBlew and SpeedyE like this.
  2. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Now that's a motorcycle. I race one of those as well and it looks no where near as nice as yours. Sweet ride!

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. Demon DS7

Demon DS7 Well-Known Member

:up: :up:

4. mcracr

mcracr 2smoke racing 4 life!

Sweet Limited!!!

I just picked up a semi-basket case Ltd - all there mechanically, but it will need at least a freshen up as my ride at the US MotoGP at Laguna this year. Can you point me to any good sites about the Ltd for my rebuild? The motor turns over w/ a fresh battery, but I plan to replace all fluids, check the valves/ timing, install new plugs, replace fuel lines, SS lines up front, new throttle/ clutch cables, rebuild forks/ shock for 210 lbs, rebuild carbs and jet to new pipe (suggestions?), have Corbin repair the seat, and get new bodywork (does anyone besides Airtech do the old GSXR stuff?).

Post more pics if you can - again, yours is a beauty!!!

Scott

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  5. boccarp

the ltd

Scott the body work is only available from Aitech now. I think they do a very close replica single seat tail. Check the clutch plates, they are not available anymore and if yours are fried you may want to start calling everyone in the world for plates. I found mine after numerous calls to dealers.As for the carbs, just put in a dynojet kit and keep the air box intact. I'll get so more photos for you to work off. Take a photo of your project and post it...Looking at the project always starts my mind rolling for additions and alterations...cya Pete

6. silvertdi

silvertdi Member

I think you can get the clutch plates in Japan at OK!shon for about $200 for the set. I'm looking for the LTD tailsection mounting brackets and rear seat mounting bracket. Can anyone help? Thanks.

7. BH1

BH1 New Member

Thinking of selling????

8. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

Beasly Composites lists GSX-R bodywork, unless the ltd is specific?
    See the other thread for link.

9. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Airtech sells the limited tail section. Suzuki sells the solo seat release mechanism and I may be able to help with the dry clutch plates but I'll have to check with my sources. If anyone knows where to get or what part number the solo tail threaded side mount supports are I'd appreciate that info. I'll try and post pictures of my limited in Vintage race form as well as the 600 motored limited clone I built for V6 light weight. Both bikes run 17 inch rims the 600 has the 92 upside down forks off of the old FX Valvoline supposedly done by Keith Perry and both have the Penske triple clickers as they have ride height adjust and bring the rear up an inch and a half.
    Eboz

10. mark40

mark40 Active Member

The limited seat attaches with the regular front tab and front seat release mechanism. The tail section attaches the same as the regular 750 side sections except that you have to make some tabs for the front ears. So I installed this set up and only had to make to small tabs. Real easy to do. The subframes are basically the same.

[​IMG]

11. boccarp

that's sweet...

Mark Your GSXR looks great.....

12. mark40

mark40 Active Member

Thanks, can't afford a real limited like the one up top (thing of beauty) so I made my own personal limited :)

13. MV

MV Well-Known Member

:up: :up: :up:

14. BH1

BH1 New Member

I'll take that as a NO..... one hell of a bike though!!!!

15. Godzuki

Godzuki Well-Known Member

my god those are nice. your one lucky basterd

16. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

2 beautiful old school rides:up: .:beer:

17. silvertdi

silvertdi Member

Mark40, Could you take a picture of your seat mounting setup? I'm doing the same thing. Your's looks great.

18. mcracr

AFAIK - the GSXR Ltd bodywork is the same as the stock stuff, except for the tail section. I'll check out Beasly to see what they've got.

My Ltd is a bit tatty, and has an 89 front end on it plus some non-stock rear rim, so it's not all original. To be honest, I'm not looking for a complete original spec bike, just the unique tail section and chatter of the dry clutch! I might do a F-USA bodykit (or even the RGV bodykit from Airtech), and I'll do a new pipe on the bike and jet accordingly. I always wanted the old skool GSXR w/ the dry clutch for some fun Sunday rides - the modern GSXR750 is soooo amazing that I'll get one of those for some serious thrashing (and keep a TZ250 for serious track strafing!)...

Scott

19. mcracr

Just checked beasley.com - they have 86-88 GSXR bodykits, plus the Ltd tail section Beasley 86-88 GSXR

Full kit for approx $560 - Beasley is better quality than Airtech?

Airtech offers bodykits for $700-$800 for stock/ Yosh bodykits, $1000 or better for their RGV bodykit.

20. Corsa

Corsa Desmo Thunder

Bob, I noticed you have a dry clutch, I have one also that I am using on my 86 project ex-Deano Swims Race bike. Question do you know where to obtain clutch plates that would work on this setup?