1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXR keyless ignition/run

Discussion in 'Tech' started by wjshupak, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Joeman

Joeman The Joeman

Have you heard of anyone using this on a 07 gsxr 600?

2. FiveOh

FiveOh Well-Known Member

Bump, trying to ditch the key switch on my K5 1K to free up a pound and some camera mount space.

According to what I can see, when the ignition is turned on, the red and orange wires close, the orange w/yellow is connected to them with 100ohms resistance, and the grey and brown wires close.

3. FiveOh

FiveOh Well-Known Member

4. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

been searching like crazy... on a k7 gsxr 600, there's no B/W wire.

Can someone please modify the instructions for me please?

grassyass :beer:

5. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

If you have a manual you can follow the wiring diagram and figure this out.

6. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

I do have the manual. I tried to comprehend, but failed.

You must have a lot of time on your hands if you post useless info.

7. gluvnaa

gluvnaa Well-Known Member

I have 04 600 and have had the secondary butterflies removed. It throws a C28 error but I have had them off forever and had not had any issues.

Samantha goodwin likes this.
  8. Triple R

Triple R Well-Known Member

So will this work for an 06 GSXR 750? Im kinda puzzled not sure what year gsxr this is for. Thanks!

9. Triple R

Triple R Well-Known Member

So I got everything working but the fuel pump. Any suggestions on how to get the fuel pump working?

10. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

i'm with you. Same problem

11. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

anyone?? anyone?

12. kennoy

kennoy Well-Known Member

The least you could have done is thanked jetspeedz (Ali) for all the hard work HE went through to figure this out. That was copied and pasted from his post.

13. bridgetowned

bridgetowned Active Member

have been working on going around my 'keyed' ignition switch. & will be running another on/off switch in addition to the stock rocker switch. reason being they seem to get smashed/broken often after any high speed gardening

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=204345&highlight=keyless+ignition

I found this over on the GSXR forums, it works for the newer ones.

Works on a 2007 GSX-R750

http://forums.13x.com/showpost.php?p=2470680&postcount=8

Start by getting the ignition and right side controls unpluged. On the ignition plug you will have a red, Orange, Orange w/ yellow tracer, brown, and a grey wire. Now I can't remember all the colors on the right side controls plug, but the only ones that you will be using is orange w/ black tracer (O/B) and orange w/ white tracer (O/W).

After they are unplugged, cut the the ignition harness about 4-5" from the plug. Then cut back the loom on the RS controls harness, find the O/B and O/W wires and cut them about 3" from the plug.

Ok connect Red wire from ignition to O/B of right side controls harness. Then connect Orange from ignition to O/W from right side controls. Then connect one side of the 100 ohm resistor to the Orange and O/W connection. Then you have to connect the other half of the O/W back with the the O, O/W, and the resistor connection. If you don't the fuel pump won't kick on!! Then connect the O/Y from the ignition to the other side of the resistor.

The grey and brown wires in the ignition harness are for tail lights/parking lights and front brake switch. I just eliminated them, but you can do as you please.

Hope this helps someone. I couldn't get any help from KWS or Marietta, but I don't blame them. They had good reasons for not helping. I just used a wiring schematic, and took the switch apart and studied it.
    _

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  14. exxile20

exxile20 Well-Known Member

Can someone that has done this on an 06/07 750 please call me and tell me what Im doing wrong? Ive wired correctly as I can tell but when I flip the kill switch I get a relay constantly clicking and my secondaries actuating.

PLEASE HELP!!!! LOL

call me if you can help

two five one four zero four two four one two

15. quickscoot

quickscoot Well-Known Member

ok next!!! I want to do this on my '09 GSXR 600 anyone know where I can find info on that?

16. alia42

alia42 New Member

what was the mod again for the 05 gsxr. I saw two different kinds of insturctions.

17. donor25

donor25 I like cheese.

Attached is a wiring diagram of what worked for my 07 GSXR750. Please not I'm not responsible for any damage caused to you or your bike.

Attached Files:

18. vance

vance *

First, thanks to bmfgsxr or jetspeedz, whoever did the write up.
    Doing this on an 05, so had to read on down to some other posts as it's a different year.
    So being the anal person I am, I started with the kill switch side first, found the "y" and did the first step.
    Tried it out and it worked, so I successfully bypassed the kill switch, step one.
    Moved on to the second part, no dice.
    pulled everything loose on the ignition, plugged original ignition back in, still working, so step one (kill switch bypass) still good.
    All of a sudden, bike won't start, rewired everything back to original, nothing....
    fuel pump is kicking on, but won't start, checked fuses, all connections, everything is good.
    Getting pretty frustrated:mad:

19. vance

vance *

OK, got the kill switch bypasses, I had pulled one of the connectors out of the harness plug.:eek:
    Still having trouble getting the ignition to with per Dezmo's suggestion on the 04-05 wiring????

20. all4sale

all4sale Well-Known Member

so what's the procedure for removing the secondary throttle body controller
    properly? (for an 03 gsxr 600)