1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXR 750 Nissin question

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Algonquin, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Algonquin

Algonquin VRRA and DOCC no.92

So, I've spent too much time orbiting around Google trying for information on Nissin front calipers for 1989 (conventional fork) GSXR 750. I hope to learn the best track setup on iron rotors, whether another caliper option entirely or the OEM one with racing duty pads (I usually use Ferodo). Are these stock 4-piston calipers considered OK for period competition or are newer-type calipers preferred?

Thank you for your help,
    FM

2. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Those calipers should be fine but I prefer EBC HH pads as they seem to have more bite. Just my personal opinion. Algonquin, isn't that a beer?
    EB

3. Algonquin

Algonquin VRRA and DOCC no.92

Beer is always good, let me know where that one comes from.
    Are iron rotors still available somewhere in stock 310mm or are 320s adaptable to fit conventional GSXR 43mm forks?

Cheers!
    FM

4. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

I'd check out the EBC website I believe your only option for the 88's are the wave rotors and several of us still run them. EBC Pro Lites

5. FED34FIRE

FED34FIRE Well-Known Member

Contact 'Cycle Brakes' http://www.cyclebrakes.com/. They have a faxable chart that explains all of the measurments they will need to match up rotors for you. I am running 89 Nissins, 89 750 forks, and PM Chicane Wheels on my FZR400. Also, Ron Ayers http://fiche.ronayers.com/ was able to get me a rebuild kit for the calipers, Pro bolt has some trick replacement bolts for the calipers. Hope this helps. :)

6. FED34FIRE

If you want I have a set of 6 Piston Tokicos refinished and rebuilt w/ drilled bajo bolts. I will also throw in an additional complete rebuild kit for 2 calipers. I also have a set of Braking Systems Wave Rotors in excellent condition. I ran those on my 89 GSXR forks. If they don't fit I will gladly take everything back. If your interested, send me your current rotor measurments and number of bolts required on you wheels.

7. FED34FIRE

PM sent