1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXR-750 K8 Engine miss after tip over

Discussion in 'Tech' started by toybm, Sep 5, 2016.

1. toybm

toybm Active Member

Hey guys, had a low speed low side yesterday. Since then I'm experiencing a corner exit miss/stutter which clears up after 6-7,000rpm.
    Just did a three day race weekend, bike ran perfect on Friday and Saturday, Sunday morning had the lowside and this started.
    Must mention absolutely nothing was broken or bent other than the frame slider and bodywork shaved.

Any ideas?

2. Tipover switch?

3. Kickstand switch? Possibly higher rpms changes the frequency and corrects it.

4. toybm

toybm Active Member

Maybe I'll check the tip over switch and pull the main fuse to reset electronics. Kick stand is long gone, i think the previous owner bypassed the switch, so there was no switch in that area to get damaged.

I'll try the tip over switch but I'll have to wait until next round, 2 weeks away.

Could this be related to the speed sensor? There was a lot of gravel from the runoff in the counter sprocket case.

5. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Tip over switch, when activated, would keep the bike from starting. It shouldn't affect whether the bike runs well or not.

6. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

Oil in the airbox/filter?

7. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

Definitely swap the plugs first.

8. I've seen them activate at certain frequencies cutting the bike in and out.

9. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Interesting........I've never heard of that happening before........I learned something today....hmm!

10. Took damn forever to find it, it was around the same time Dynojet QS's had a resonance issue that would cut out at certain RPM's so chased that for a while before checking that. Really odd one but must be some frequency causing a vibration in just the right zone.

11. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

I can clearly see where that one would have been really difficult to diagnose and find. Nice job.

12. toybm

toybm Active Member

Got my plugs, will change this winter and run though the entire bike. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until next year to see if it all works.
    Thanks all.

13. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Wow, you have more patience than me. I'd have the fucker fixed before storing it.

Canadian Bacon likes this.