1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Growing desire for the GSXR1000R

Discussion in 'General' started by codyjphoto, Jul 6, 2018.

1. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Did anyone bother to read my post, I have owned both the L7R and R1M and it’s not even close the R1 is better in every aspect. I commented on much more than the dash but I must say it was a huge disappointment coming from the R1 to the GSXR.

2. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Or, you could look at it like this... if you ask too much of it, it will put you on your ear.

And a bike isn't a "dumb machine" either. It is merely a machine. :D

3. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I don't know, the GSXR seems to work OK for Toni Elias.

4. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

This thread has devolved into handbags at dawn. :crackup:

5axis likes this.
  5. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Dawn is way too early after a midnight binge.

6. While true, that is completely irrelevant.

1. Toni is a World Class rider. He is a former Moto2 Champion, and a guy that has beaten Rossi heads up, in the dry.

In other words, Elias is a badass.
    We are talking about a former MotoGP front runner who is racing in a domestic series (no offense to anyone else in it). He could probably battle for wins on a Honda.

2. The GSXR Elias is racing has about as much in common with the GSXR any of us would race, as my Porsche has in common with the ones competing in the Porsche GT3 series.

Comparing the specs/capabilities/etc of full-on Superbikes (with World Class racers on them) to anything that has to do with us, doesn’t make sense.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Never seen a post from Chaotic? He bought a refrigerator because of the dash. :crackup:

8. codyjphoto

codyjphoto Well-Known Member

We should go ride soon. I'll be pursuing parting with my Ducati (no room for four bikes) and replacing it with the Gixxer. I am enjoying everyones back and forth in the mean time however...

*replacing it with the g.sxr1000r

roy826ex likes this.
  9. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

He bought all of the water because he thought she was a rude b*tch. Probably Needed something to keep this impulse water purchase cool. :D

Kyle Brosius and Gorilla George like this.
  10. Phl218

Phl218 .

Fixed

Mot Okstef and codyjphoto like this.
  11. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I agree the R1 dash is much cooler than the GSXR. When I bought my L7 GSXR 1000 I though they could have done much better on the dash. The only good thing is it is very easy to see and read at speed on the track. My buddy with a R1M complains his dash is hard to read when on track.

12. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

This is my opinion of the L7 GSXR 1000.

"the brakes suck"
    Yep the OEM brakes really do suck but almost everyone on track removes ABS replaces lines and master cylinder.
    At that point you have on par brakes with the R1.

"no lift/wheelie Control"
    You can adjust lift/wheelie control through FTECU or Woolich

"traction control sucks"
    Why do you say this? I have not rode the bike enough yet to have a sold opinion.

"parts are expensive"
    Parts are not expensive. People are parting out brand new L7 GSXR's all the time on eBay. If anything I would say R1 parts are more expensive.

"easier to work on"
    There is nothing easier to work on than than a Suzuki. The L7 is much easier to work on than the R1. The frame layout gives all kinds of room to get your hands in where the motor is.

"more people with them"
    Yes... Much more setup data and people on R1's. The Suzuki is 2 years behind on info and setup.

13. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

You goty number. My GSX is down right now. Sent the ecu back to FTECU, gonn give them one more chance to right this wrong. If it shows back up running like shit again I’ll haul it to Livengood.

I still have my GSX-R600 racebike, you know we built a new house this year and the racing money tree got plucked pretty good for that venture. It’s only Got like 4 race weekends on it last year and 700 miles. Lol

Currently enjoying the Tiger 800 on the street while the GSX is down.