1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Growing desire for the GSXR1000R

Discussion in 'General' started by codyjphoto, Jul 6, 2018.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

2. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Cody for Christ sakes just stick to making coffee and riding the Ducati with a warranty :rolleyes:

The suzuki whether it a 250 or a 1k ain’t for you regardless of your hopes to relive this in some after life.

I’ve had a slew of them from 600 to 1000 and you know this. You could have easily reached out to me on this minus the ensuing BBS shit show on this :whoosh:

Knowledge is knowledge, when it comes to a GSXR I know the language. Having said that just keep riding the Ducati man. You don’t need to prove nothing by riding a GSXR at this point.

Put this all to bed man things happen for a reason. Wasn’t the bike!

3. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

you're buying an L6?:D

4. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

For me not in the know, what's the story here?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

I have owned both the L7-R and a R1-M and can tell you the Suzuki sucks. No where even close to even the standard R1. The dash sucks, the brakes suck, no lift/wheelie Control, and the traction control sucks. Given the parts are expensive and the stigma of other owners I would point you in the direction of the R1. I miss mine fir sure. Many benefits with it. Cheaper parts, easier to work on, more people with them, and great bike all around.

6. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Did you actually ride it or did you just own it? :D

roy826ex and Steeltoe like this.
  7. And lots of knowledge on the dedicated .com website :)

8. Are you trying to get a map? Because that is how you get a map.

cav115, Mot Okstef, roy826ex and 6 others like this.
  9. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Feelings, nothing more than feelings...

10. codyjphoto

codyjphoto Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what Roy means by the Suzuki not being for me having I've owned two.

The story is this, the short version, Gray Ghost (Jonathan Chadic) was my best friend. Spent every day either together outside of work or at work (was my boss at Lexus). He picked up his Gsxr100r and the next day he passed away in a motorcycle wreck. He and I both talked about getting a pair of them and he beat me to it. Roy seems to think my Ducati is under warranty some how like that has anything to do with anything. He is referencing coffee because I make a damn good cup of coffee of which is usually on my Instgram lol.

So anyway, I currently have both of his race bikes., one being a Gixxer. I have been thinking of making the switch and straying from Ducati because of the "Ducati Tax" on every part ever.
    I've owned my 1299s for over two years now, it's my second ducati. I understand it not having been the bike (the gixxer) but I rather feel I owe it to him.

That aside, I was looking for information from folks whom have owned the new gixxer (Roy has not) and wanted insight on it.
    also when I said specing it like that red and blue bike, I refer of course to the looks of it. The only mods it would get is brakes, exhaust, tune, etc etc. I had'nt 200k at the moment. (otherwise I would have bought the Murci for sale I came across)

(ps I made an edit up there but it keeps showing the title to a different thread in there for some reason. )

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Beat me to it. I was gonna post " Do you want Toe drawing a map ? " :crackup:

Newyork and Gorilla George like this.
  12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Well shit, just get one then. Most people are riding what they ride based on an emotional decision anyway. They are all fast enough.

cav115, roy826ex and Gorilla George like this.
  13. deathblow

deathblow Well-Known Member

I have one. It’s fun, fast and very easy to ride. Feels like my 2012 GSXR-600 with more power.

14. roy826ex

Cody just buy one, it’s a sheep off the floor. Haul that thing to livengood and it’ll be a proper bike. I like the bike but currently have no use for one. I’m as devastated if not more over the JC ordeal than you’ll ever know. Haunts me every day but I can tell you to your face it wasnt the bikes fault that night.

Contrary to the haters of suzuki here which by the way suzuki built club racing way before these young dumbasse haters every existed is the only reason any other manufacturer even attempts to one up the other. I’m old enough to know the real reason why sportbikes and the corporate pride to make the next big thing exist.

Suzuki is the small dog that had the big bite at back is ‘86 and it really hasn’t stopped. The others been trying to play catch up ever since. Meanwhile Little suzuki been resting with an improvement here and there and a major thing every other seems like forever now. No really look at the gauge , the GSXRs are good, measured against others new shit it’s still the thing. And it don’t break easy.

I meant no harm towards you cody. You know me better than that. I do get flustered though lol. I’ve raced the hell out of some Suzuki’s they’re great bikes! The 17 ain’t what got JC it was much deeeoer than that man. Call me!

15. roy826ex

When you mentiined the dash I knew you were completely full of shit

But carry on

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The bike is NEVER the boss......it's nothing more than a dumb machine that can only accept the instructions/inputs you provide it and respond accordingly. If you aren't capable of handling it deftly then you shouldn't be on it.

But at the end of the day you are controlling IT, not the other way around. :D

As a die hard Suzuki fan you really should know that this is NOT a L7-L8 model year bike 'Toe.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  17. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I knew why you were asking about getting one and I don’t know shit about them but for the sake of JC I say do it.

I would, fuck, he’d want you too.

codyjphoto likes this.
  18. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Full of shit about the dash? R1 is like an iPad and the gsxr is like a 80’s Casio watch. It sucks

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Got to say you're the first person I've ever heard judge a motorcycle by the dash... :crackup:

RRP and Ra.Ge. Raptor like this.
  20. Ra.Ge. Raptor

you're not full of shit about the dash,it's exactly as you describe it!
    you're full of shit because you judge a superbike by the dash.
    :D