1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grom

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

when I did the billet clutch pressure plate the kit came with springs, i'm pretty sure they were suzuki busa springs and I believe I used 3 grom and 3 busa

2. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

All the clutch cover kits use the Honda oil filter out of the 87-88 TRX125 four wheeler, part number 15412-HB6-003. Get the Kitaco springs, the EBC and Barnett offerings are only 10% stiffer, not enough to even feel the difference.

DBConz likes this.
  3. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

turbulence likes this.
  4. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I did the kitaco cover, oil pump, chimera plate, and I can't remember the springs but they were even stiffer than the 60% ones I think. I HATED the lack for clutch feel on the G

5. Past Glory

BigBird likes this.
  6. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

they need to offer taller kickstands. i hate how much they lean over

7. aftriathlete

aftriathlete Well-Known Member

I got the “Sex Machine” brand ones from either Hard Racing or Steady Garage, I’ve bought from both those sites over the last year. I haven’t had to buy new oil filters yet, but I didn’t anticipate having trouble with that. Like the above link refers to, I know they are just a standard paper filter used on some models in the past.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you have to ask....

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Just curious here as opposed to mods on a stocker

12. Youpaiyou

Youpaiyou Well-Known Member

no price yet

Sabre699 likes this.
  13. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

I think my 2nd Gen looks 10x's better than the new model. Body work maybe more user friendly but it looks like Lego's. Headlight is not as sleek and very reminiscent of the Gen1 but I do like that flat seat.

14. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

it looks almost like a mini Monster with the lines on the tank.
    i'd be interested in the electronics options, but still not worth upgrading from my SF

15. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I wonder if the 5 speed trans will be backwards swappable? Surely the motor/trans as a unit will be.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Now to really close the loop - finally got around to installing. Watch the video on Hard racing to do it the right way (it seems really straightforward but there's a trick to it).

Attached Files:

17. Past Glory

Both Kitako and Takegawa have been offering a 5 speed for a couple of years.

18. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

are these worth the money, now that you got it?

19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

That’s a complex question and since I’ve (like many others on here) put another $2K+ into this child’s bike, I’m probably not the best person to ask about relative utility :beer:

Sabre699 likes this.
  20. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

it's been on my winter list as i need a new chain anyways