1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grilles - Hey TJ ..

Discussion in 'General' started by ekraft84, May 22, 2018.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

The only Weber grill that matters.

[​IMG]

2. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Nope my $1500 Weber took a shit, so I bought a Big Green Egg.

3. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

BGE size large
    Nest (for now until you and Joe build a cool table and prep station)
    Conveggtor (so you can use it for smoking or flip it upside down and use it for a pizza stone)

See if any of the local dealers are having a cookout and you can normally buy the grill they use at a discount.

4. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Webber and the like are all Chinese junk.

Cheap steel, mounting bolts will rust in a hand-full of years, and the grates are garbage. I sold my Webber, and have a KithecnAid built into my patio, and I've never used it.

BGE all the way. If you are going to go with steel, get a Traeger.

Oh, and don't bother with the nest. Build your own table for $100 and be done with it.

bleacht likes this.
  5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Yoder FTMFW.
    Thing is huge! I had a Bug Green Egg and decided it just took too long to get it going. This thing takes 15 minutes to 500 degrees. I really do love it.
    www.yodersmokers.com

[​IMG][​IMG]

renegade17 likes this.
  6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Got a Camp Chef Woodwind w/ sear box 2 weeks ago. LOVE it!!

7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I've got a 20 year old Weber..."freedom", I think. Anyways I was going to buy another weber but the damn things never go on sale and they're the same price everywhere. I bought new burners instead and degreased the thing. Good as new...I'll probably die before it does.

8. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Any of you guys ever try a Holland Grill? Had one for years, and left it with the new owners when I sold my house. As my wife would say, That thing was the cat’s banana...

9. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Grilles or grills ?

10. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't have one, but Rec Tec grills get good ratings. Maybe if I win the lottery...

12. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I have a JennAir (made by Nexgrill) that I bought over 10yrs ago. It has a lifetime warranty on the grates, burners and some other parts. Every few years I just call them up, tell them what I need and pay for the shipping.

13. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

I take that back... Yoder and Broilmaster are also awesome grills.

My dad still has his broilmaster from the 70s.

rugbymook likes this.
  14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

4BCD1B10-F29E-46BA-A721-9CAC96ACC0DF.jpeg Smoked about 30# of butts for my neighbor’s grad party today. Overnight smoke of about 10 hours on the camp chef woodwind. Our neighborhood smells great this am.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

You need 2:

Weber Genesis line Made in USA grill. Choose your size.

Green Mountain pellet smoker grill with wifi. Choose your size.

Best of both worlds.

PS Big Green Egg is great if someone else is doing the smoking. Who the hell has time to closely watch over a 14 hr full packer brisket cook?

16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

2 of my neighbors have Big Green Mountain pellet grills. Both of them like my CampChef better. But that said ... a pellet grill is a MUST. Absolutely LOVE this thing.

17. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Choose your brand but if it doesn't have wifi then it's not for me.

18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Honest question ... what does the WiFi do for you that makes it so invaluable??

Starting it up takes almost no time at all, so it’s not a huge saver there. I don’t want to turn it off and just leave meat sitting on it if I’m not home. Thermometer? There’s plenty of easy ways to get WiFi thermometers that’ll beat the hell out of the stuff the mfg will put ON the grill. I debated just because ... “Oooohh, shiny!!” but in the end I couldn’t think of any real justification. Am I overlooking something?

19. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

If it’s a gas grill you’re after, check out the Broilmaster Deluxe series. My parents had one at their place, it lasted thirty five years before it was replaced with a new deluxe variant shown above. The only reason for the retrofit was that spare parts were no longer available. That, and it looked like it had been through six world wars.

rugbymook likes this.
  20. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

If you have a BGE and need to closely watch a long cook, you're doing it wrong.

crashman, dobr24 and BrianC636 like this.