1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings from Bahrain

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by TREETOPJR, Mar 28, 2003.

1. TREETOPJR

TREETOPJR Chicken City Speedster

I've been away from the track for lots of reasons: no money, broken stuff, broken me...but this year, I can say that I'm not so sad to miss the fun....I'm in the Middle East fighting the war against Saddam Hussein. I guess I wish there wasn't a war and that I could be there playing panty-waist for the A riders, but if there's gonna be a war, I'd rather be in it than read about it. I just wanted to tell everyone hello. There is nothing like club level racing in this part of the world. They can't hardly manage camel racing around here, much less something with a motor. I will, however, try the camel racing before I leave. Things are going well over here. Don't let anyone in the media tell you that it's taking too long. There was a plan and we're right on schedule. It would be nice if they would realize that they don't have a chance and give up. We could then begin disbursing band-aids and blankets instead of bullets and bombs. It ain't no cliche - WAR IS HELL! Have fun, be safe and I'll see you guys soon. - BUTCH HUNTER 24 B-SS - Endurance. (The big ugly guy with Rocky!)

2. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Hey dude, thanks for being there for us. I agree about the media. They all suck except for FoxNews, John Ulrich and me. The liberal media is trying their best to re-hash Viet Nam, and all the while y'all are setting Saddam up for the mother of all a$$-kickings.

You're all doing a great job and those of us in the press who have actually served in the military (maybe five of us) know just how skillful and dedicated you are.

We're proud of you. :)

3. svdale

svdale That's my Baby

Thanks alot bro for been over there and serving our country, i have some friends over there to, and really appericate what you guys are doing, thanks Dale

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hey Butch!

Glad you're doing alright over in the sandbox. Stay safe and we'll be here running races for you when you get back :) Hell, first ones on me even (and that goes for Tigerduc and Ilene and anyone else over that way).

5. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

Stay strong and thanks! :)

6. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

Thanks for being here. I pray that you and all the rest come home safe and soon.

7. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Mongo,
    You are just too cool.

Soldiers, Good luck, Godspeed, and come home safe.

See Ya,

Darrin Talbott

8. pseudocode

pseudocode Well-Known Member

Thanks for everything you and your felow soldiers are doing for peace and freedom. You guys rock!

9. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

I can't think of much else to say but THANKS! Regardless of the BS you may see on the news, you have your country's support!

10. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Kick ass!!!:D

11. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I hope more people who are against the war on this board read this post. :) You rock! Thanks for everything!

12. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Being against the war and supporting our troops are two different things. I have no problem with folks being against the war, that's their right, but if you don't support our troops, there are planes leaving for France every day!

On a different note, Paige, if you haven't got the newest issue of RoadRacer X, trust me, you'll want to get it! ;)

13. Kevin Crauswell

Kevin Crauswell Well-Known Member

Keep your head down...
    Kick some ASS when you get the chance !

God Bless ALL of you !

( My wife was combat in the first gulf war )
    So her and I have been there,,, done that.
    :cool:

14. yz250mike

yz250mike Eric Cartman is my idol

Hey Treetop, Here is a big thank you from me for being there for us.

I was there from Dec 1990- May1991. Served with the 54th Combat Engineer Battalion attached to the 1st Armor Division.

Seeing our troops over there doing their thing makes me proud of you guys. Sometimes I wish I was there fighting along you guys. But honestly I am glad to be here in the USA living this cushy life I have now.

I remember how it was, the cold (water froze) desert nights, the 120 degree weather in MOPP4, the sleep deprevation, the cold MRE's, no showers, guard duty, spending 8 hours digging in only to fill up everything 20 minutes later.

Man when I go to sleep at night I think how lucky I am to be in my warm bed with a full stomach.

Kick Ass man and see you back home soon.