1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greenville Spartanburg peeps

Discussion in 'General' started by Stumpy, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Yall make it through that storm today okay?

2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Yep! Thanks for asking. Spent a lot of time in the convenience stores playing lotto.

pickled egg likes this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

I farted remotely

Shenanigans likes this.
  4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I saw a haint.

joec and Shenanigans like this.
  5. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

You ARE a haint.

joec likes this.
  6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

No problems at my house. Actually, we needed the rain.

7. I fished in just south of Anderson S.C. then had to go in the jeep for a work call then it was sunny an hour later which was best fishing I’ve had in 6 months.

BHP41 and 50Joe like this.
  8. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Good here, but if anyone has any trees down hit me up and we will get you taken care of.

BHP41 likes this.
  9. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Don't eat any fish oot of Hartwell. How was the water level?

10. I don't eat fish, but fish daily when I'm actually home. Water is still down 8' or so but fishing is starting to get really good. Temp was perfect yesterday for run off into the lake so I just concentrated on hitting runoff areas (on foot, wasn't going in a boat in that weather- I'm dumb but not stupid) and it was quite a couple hours of amazing fishing. After the rain stopped there was a small break in the action then I caught 2 4+ lb on top water which is always fun then had to pack up and head home. Curious what it's going to be like this morning' wife's out of town so I'm getting a late start after I drop the kids off so straight to top water if the bait fish are still around.

11. No, you suck :). Need to grab some lunch this week, I'll be headed up that way at some point to go to Joes house (and stop and fish along the way probably). Built a cheater reel last night with a balanced and polished spool with ceramic bearings, worth at lesast 10hp.

BHP41, Phl218, V5 Racer and 1 other person like this.
  12. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Yeah, but what color power band does it have? :D

13. Black n blue (rod sock) :) What’s funny is I have all this high dollar stuff and every once and a while I’ll have one of my cheap rods with some Hail Mary lure on it and that’s when I catch a decent fish. I am a bit Broome when it comes to Fishing. Carbon erry-thang, custom rods, etc. Reels all have ceramic bearings, carbon brakes (literally), line changed out about every 7-10 trips, carry min 7 usually about 12 trays of very organized Gear, about 7 or 8 battery powered lights for Fishing at night, I communicated anywhere from 0-13 hour time zone differences daily so when I hav a break in my schedule I can fish. Put a WiFi extender down at my buddies dock so I can work down there too. It’s cheaper than racing a sbk but more than an e class bike :)

BHP41 and Mot Okstef like this.
  14. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

That sounds totally Broome. Like no matter where you are or what is going on you can stop on a moments notice and drop a line and catch a fish. LOL! :D

15. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

:mad:, I was close to getting out yesterday at 3. The rain had just stopped and Friday was a hell of a day. Top water also. Lost a good bass and he took my favorite spook due me not taking the time to change the line, or at least pull some yards off to get to fresher line. :mad:Saturday was ok, had to switch to a drop shot.

Where are you fishing on Hartwell?

16. cornbread421

cornbread421 Well-Known Member

Work in Spartanburg about 2 miles from where one came through at Heroin Circle. Guys at Caliber Collision got it on video. No injuries to report so far.

Metalhead likes this.
  17. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Heroin Circle...Heeheehee!

18. Caught a decent one today that blasted a top water popper (those are 17” rims and 35” tires for scale) Yes change line way too much but I hate losing fish. This fish today was actually from lake Louise (mostly private land and toughest place I’ve ever fished). I usually fish hartwell from 85 ga line to Jenkins ferry area. Really just depends on what I have going on and weather as I usually fish alone. Ironically I switched to drop shot Sunday with Junrbug color during the day out of frustration but it worked very well.

Attached Files:

BHP41 likes this.
  19. You should see the custom rod rack I built for my jeep. It holds 5 rods and I have (as of right now) another 3 in the jeep.

20. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Nice. I was in Tugaloo on the GA side for most of Friday and Sat. Fished Coneross and up towards Clemson Wed and Thurs. If you’re in the area again and have some off time, hit me up and we’ll take the boat out.

Also, if you’re near Lake Robinson, get over there near the bridge. Some big bass in that lake.