1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Motorcycle quotes!

Discussion in 'General' started by sln, Jul 16, 2006.

1. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

"JT sucks"

-H8R

2. Norton#357

Norton#357 Well-Known Member

When in doubt-GAS IT! Ted Hubbard

3. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

"Slowest man first wins." -John Ellis, a fellow AHRMA racer in Formula 750, ex pro flat tracker from way back when and definitely NOT slow.
    "If you're not scaring yourself in every turn, you're not going fast enough." -Ed Bargy said this when I got my license from his school.

The Aldana quote from On Any Sunday has always been a favorite of mine too.

4. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Three of my favorites, all of which I dont know where they come from

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

"If you love your bike, set it free. If it comes back to get you, you probably highsided"

And first told to me by Leo Sulpy about Roebling Road raceway, but It is a mantra of mine now...

"NO matter what happens, JUST TURN. You stand a better chance on the pavement than you do in the dirt"

5. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Gawd's honest truth, never give up the asphalt...The bike wants to turn more than you do, at least try to help it do so...

6. High Side

High Side When you see God....brake

13 July 2003

Quotes from Max Biaggi and Valentino Rossi

Max Biaggi: `I won the race but I understand how Rossi must feel because it happened to me in 1998. I am happy to have the 25 points but it is not like a normal celebration. All I can say is that I have sympathy for Rossi but the rules have to be applied.´

Valentino Rossi: `I know I was the best rider on the day. I deserved the win – I rode well. On the first three laps and on the podium the atmosphere and support for me was incredible – it was like being at Mugello again. I didn´t see the yellow flag – there was no debris from Ukawa´s bike or any visible danger, but it is clear from the video footage that I passed Capirossi under the flag´.

7. jelder

jelder Replicant

One of Hailwood's Techs asked him what gear he was in through a section and Hailwood replied, "I don't know, how many gears does it have?"

8. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

I think Bayliss said this..."only pressure I got is in me tires"

Saw that on here I think.

9. High Side

High Side When you see God....brake

Do you really have to ask why I would want this big vibrating machine between my legs?? - Anonymous Female Racer

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home.
    Anonymous

I believe many Harley guys spend more time revving their engines than actually driving anywhere; I sometimes wonder why they bother to have wheels on their motorcycles.
    Dave Barry

10. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

"What's it feel like to ride at 200mph"
    "It's similar to doing 199mph"
    Shinichi Itoh's response to the press when he was the first man to break 200mph on a GP bike.

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Only because nobody mentioned it yet, another Harley axiom:

Fill the oil, check the gas....

12. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

"Tom sucks!"

-Xi Guo (Guoseph on bbs)

:up:

13. GoodKnight

GoodKnight Well-Known Member

Dont remember the exact quote from Faster but:

Rossi: "I lika rida zee streets. I have a cbr. But is dangerous. Is dangerous because all of zee fackin idiots driving zee cars."

Hopper had a really, really good one at the end. Still gives me good bumps when I watch it. He said something about hitting the same marks, lap after lap. When you're on, you're on, and it's the greatest feeling in the world.

14. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Huh, you just reminded me of a Doug Brauneck quote as related by Kevin Cameron...Brauneck referred to the Team Dr. John's Pro Twins Moto-Guzzi as, "a place to sit and think about your riding."

THAT is a well set up bike, as opposed to a place to sit and hold on for dear life, or sit and ride around set-up problems, etc., etc...

15. doubleapex

doubleapex Well-Known Member

I know you've all heard this one at some point:

"The trick to making a million dollars in racing is to start with two million."

16. fyyff

fyyff Well-Known Member

"if it can't breath and it can't fart, how the hell is it gonna live." anon.

17. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

If you can't get it going with bungee cords, wire and electical tape, it's serious!

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out the car window.

Catching a yellow jacket in your shirt at 70mph can double your vocabulary.

18. "Damn, he ain't got no lil' man!" Anonymous

What the street squid with chicken strips says when he sees his first set of Michelin race tires where the Michelin Man has been scrubbed off the edges.

"You gotta pin it to win it"

"Braaap!"

"Har har har har har"

"That's the sound when you hit the red limiter!" AMAFan

"Can you corner low?" :D

19. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

"no con jobs". Legendary Al Wilcox at every riders meeting.

20. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

Win thumb, lose thumb.

Randy Renfro