1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Motorcycle quotes!

Discussion in 'General' started by sln, Jul 16, 2006.

1. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I don't know the exact quote by Schwantz but it was something like "...don't turn until you see Gawd."

David

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Kevin, Freddie, Colin, Doug and many others who grew up racing at Texas World Speedway were all familiar with the Mantra for Turn one. "Don't brake until you see god or Tom Landry!"

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

"Brake when you see Elvis. Everyone brakes at God."

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

"Don't you know who I am!?!? I'm John Kocinski!" John Kocinski to the California police right before they arrested him.

5. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I thought that one was Tony Meiring to the trackday marshall?

David

6. packfan

packfan El Presidente

My fav was Barry Sheene when asked what he liked best about MOTO GP... Hmmm...I guess it was the crumpet :big grin:

Another favorite from Riders School Instructor when a student ask how much to spend on a helmet... "If ya got a 5 dollar head get a 5 dollar helmet"

Last edited: Jul 17, 2006
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

"Hey, you're Dave K aren't you? Hey man, I'm <interrupted>"

"We know who I am and that's all we really care about."

8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

"It was full of inane chatter about prangs and shunts" - Mike Hailwood talking about his experiences in car racing.

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I don't know why they put all those fancy gauges in there. I am going to run it till it blows up anyway.

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

The original Bell helmet print ad from the mid `60's whne they were the be-all end-all of helmets.

11. VFRacer-R

VFRacer-R Don't you know who I am?

"Next to the mandatory helmet recomendation sticker on the fuel tank cover should be another sticker that states 'Caution, twisting the right side hand grip of this vehicle may tend to alter the rotation of the Earth' " Motocyclist review of the "new" V-Max 1987(?)

12. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

"Go in deeper and come out faster" Kenny Roberts

We assumed he was talking about racing but may have been referring to post-race activities

13. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

What Michelin man balloon, I never saw a Michelin man balloon. Kenny Roberts

14. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

You never know how fast you can go...till you fall down...Dave Aldana :D

15. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

The older I get, the faster I was.

16. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

"Maaaaaaaan shieeeettt... What you do to them tires?" - Random guy at Tuscaloosa Chevron station wearing chrome helmet.

17. Sticker Chick

Sticker Chick Well-Known Member

That one is SOOO true! The other problem is that sometimes the brain does not restart itself once the helmet comes off!:D

18. mark600

mark600 Well-Known Member

Unknown reporter: "Barry, what goes through your head when you crashing like that?"

Barry Sheene: "Your ass, if your going fast enough!"

:beer:

19. exmutant1

exmutant1 Well-Known Member

See sig, I think it was Kevin Schwantz. So verry true.

20. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

"If you have a question about the rules, RTFRB first, then ask." - me, Summit Point Rider's Meeting, 1996 (?)