1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

great bush website

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by mtiberio, Jan 9, 2004.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I believe the Code of Hammurabai is the oldest written law known to exist, so Rodger could cite it as legal precedent for evicting mtiberio.

The Indians have a far more recent and clearly traceable claim to all of N. America than most claims on land in the middle east.
    That certainly won't happen.

As to the zionists comment:

If I'm not mistaken, what is now Israel comprises only a small part of what was intended to be the Jewish homeland after the British were ceded the land (formerly controlled by Ottoman Turks) following WW I, since Turkey was an ally of Germany in that war. The area was then called Palestine and has now become Israel, Jordon and the West Bank. It was later decided to divide Palestine into a Jewish section and an Arab section. The Arab section is now Jordan.
    Israeli Jews are as much Palestinians as those Arabs who now call themselves Palestinians.

3. Israeli Jews are as much Palestinians as those Arabs who now call themselves Palestinians.

Someone once said to me that Jews are Arabs, just with a different religion.

4. mtiberio

mtiberio Well-Known Member

Slow and scared writes:
    > Mesopotamia was not a country, it was a placename that was made up by the Greeks long afterward.
    Correct, but irrelevant (like so much of what you post)Mesopotamia need not be a nation for the sake of this argument.

> Modern-day Iraq encompasses the two rivers,
    > thus Mesopotamia was contained within what is now Iraq.
    BZZZ, Wrong

No reasonable characterization of Mesopotamia limits its to the area between the two rivers. Maps of Mesopotamia clearly show it extending far beyond the Tigris to the NE and to the SW beyond the Euphrates. When current political borders are overlain on maps of ancient Mesopotamia, Kuwait is included.

> Kuwait is not located between the Tigris and the Euphrates.
    > Neither river even runs through Kuwait.
    Correct, but irrelevant, again (see a pattern here?)

What is relavent? Kuwait is part of the Tigris/Euphrates watershed.

Sorry, but what is now Kuwait was part of ancient Mesopotamia. The premise stands.

5. Believe whatever fantasies make you happy.