1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

great bush website

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by mtiberio, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

N.B. to mterbio:

1. SlowandScared does not have a real job, so he has LOTS of time to spend here.

2. He has lots of books. he may eeven have read many of them.

3. He has a good memory, when it suits him.

4. He knows how to do research on the internet

5. He is often wrong, but is also right about things often.

6. Some may find it hard to believe, but he is even more arrogant than I am.

7. Be well prepared when you engage him, although even if you are well prepared he has been known to duck out when cornered.

8. I doubt you will ever havehim cornered, unless you prepare your arguments better and can back them up with facts.

Now that I've pissed off both of you, I'm going back to work.

Later! :D

Rodger

2. Rodger - how can I be pissed about something that is mostly true? I'm flattered that I mean so much to you that you'd devote an entire post to me :eek: :D I still have a long way to go though - maybe some day I'll be graced with having a thread named after me!

:p

The only thing in your post that's truly in doubt is #6. I'd arm-wrestle you for the title of "most arrogant," but you'd beat me handily. Your post demonstrates your clear superiority in this area. :Poke: ;)

3. Shyster d'Oil

maybe I meant "mostly arrogant"?

And I wil dedicate an entire thread to you. What shall I call it? And don't suggest something like "Hey, SlowAndScared!"

Rodger:D

4. Well, I thought of suggesting, "Hey, Arrogant Jerk!" but it would be very confusing. Some people would think you were talking to me. Most people would think you were talking to yourself :Poke: (I slay me sometimes! :D ), others would think you were talking to them and they'd get insulted.

I'm just going to leave this in your capable hands. Think about it a while - I'm sure eventually you'll come up with something suitably stupid. :D

5. Shyster d'Oil

You mean suitably stupid like: SlowAndScared is Wise and Humble"?

Rodger

:D :D :D :D :D Stil laughing!!! Can't type I'm laughing so hard!!!:D :D

6. Shyster d'Oil

Obviously, I'm easily amused.:D

7. That's pretty good! You can do better though! :D

8. Shyster d'Oil

How about: "SlowAndScared is one of Brad's Pseudonyms!"

9. Shyster d'Oil

Or "SlowAndScared is Wise, Humble and Fast!"

10. :moon: [​IMG]

11. You're getting warmer! [​IMG]

12. Shyster d'Oil

Now that I've had lunch and stablized my blood sugar, this thread seems boring. but the good news is that I'm getting into a brawl in another thread. . .

13. I *knew* you'd duck out when cornered! :D

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

lunches over? Good, maybe you can e-mail me some documents now. Thank you.:D

15. mtiberio

mtiberio Well-Known Member

Hey, stop hijacking my thread... 8^))

now I have to back and see how I have gotten beat up since my last post...

16. mtiberio

Papa, I owe you an answer on this. Right now many of the worlds ills can be attributed to animosity over "lost lands", which I believe is the point of your question. How long should we accept these claims? Well we have zionists exercising 2000 (or is it 6000) year old claims. In Ireland, Kosovo and Cashmere, similar claims fan death and retribution. I have no answer. Any arbitrary number puts one on a slippery slope. That said , however, for hatred to last more than a generation, it must be taught to children, some times its taught by their parents, some times by their occupiers.

17. mtiberio

This is great stuff, So it seems my original premise (that Iraq had a claim to Kuwait) is correct, but not for the reasons I thought. Kuwait and Iraq made up the greater part of Mesopotamia. Wow, Iraq's claim on Kuwait is 1000's of year old, not recent. WHo would have cared.

18. Again you swing and swing at the ball, but still strike out. Mesopotamia was not a country, it was a placename that was made up by the Greeks long afterward. "Mesopotamia" means "the land between two rivers," in this case the Tigris and Euphrates. Modern-day Iraq encompasses the two rivers, thus Mesopotamia was contained within what is now Iraq.

Kuwait is not located between the Tigris and the Euphrates. Neither river even runs through Kuwait.

So tell me - why'd you waste all that money at U Mass? :p

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dude, this is bordering on child abuse. Did someone say there was a mercy rule on the BBS?:D

20. Yeah, you're right. ;)

I could make it worse though. mtiberio seems to think that ancient claims of ownership have some merit, so I could mention that the location of modern Baghdad is in what once was Babylonia. Hammurabi of Babylon declared himself the ruler of the entire world, known and unknown. That means Hammurabi owned mtiberio's house. If we follow mtiberio's ownership claims, since modern Iraq now resides where Babylonia once was, Saddam Hussein owns mtiberio's house.

Get out, mtiberio. Saddam wants to move in! :p

But you're right - to bring that up would be cruel, so I won't. :D