1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graves smokers, Canton GA - anyone???

Discussion in 'General' started by pjzocc, Feb 12, 2017.

1. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Anybody have experience with Graves Commercial Smokers out of Canton???

Looking at doing some larger scale bbq stuff, doing some side gigs, and looking at a mobile smoker that I can bumper-pull. I'm not doing competitions (not yet anyway) and not looking to do whole hogs. Shoulders, brisket, ribs, chickens, etc. for maybe local shows and microbreweries who don't have food.

Looking for opinions on quality of the Graves units: durability, consistency, craftsmanship, etc. Yes, I know about Klose, EasTTexas, and Jambo. Maybe if/when I get serious about competition or business full-time I'll look at those. But Graves is half the price and for what I'm doing with it, I don't need competition-level equipment yet.

Thanks!

2. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

3. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Second for Lang. I know several people that are cooking with them, and they love them.

4. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Thanks! Hadn't come across those yet. Another possibility

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh, never heard of them. If I talk to my one pro smoker type buddy I'll ask what he's using.

6. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

They are legit for sure. If you've had anything from Southern Soul on St Simons you've experienced a Lang. If you haven't had Southern Soul, you need to make it happen and when you do call me so I can go, too... http://www.southernsoulbbq.com/

Metalhead likes this.
  7. biggenyz426

biggenyz426 too big to fail

Mongo, you may have seen them and just not realized it. They have them parked right next hwy 140 at Earney Rd. No experience with them OP but I look at them very longingly as I drive by them. They look solid for sure, thick metal, good welds and all.

pjzocc likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been a long long time since I've gone down 140 - that way leads to evil (like Roswell and Alpharetta) :D

9. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Thanks!

10. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Thank you also as well. They don't have a website (that I can find), stumbled across them on the Facetoobs. They're about half of what some of the big name/well known rigs I mentioned. And since I'm doing this as an upgrade to my backyard rig (and possibly a side-gig) I'm trying to go budget.

11. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

We went there the when I was back there for my son's first graduation from FLETC. It was very good.

When I was back there for the second graduation he took me to a small little country store that was maybe 5 or 10 miles south of Brunswick down 95 and then a few miles west on a small country road. It also had some excellent BBQ and it seemed that they were doing most of their BBQ business selling takeout to the locals. They only had a few tables off to a back corner of the store.

Justin has spent almost a year and a half total there (as a matter of fact he was just back there for another 2 weeks for some more special training) so he got pretty familiar with the area.

Stumpy likes this.
  12. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

That would be Gary Lee's Market on Hwy 82 a mile off of Exit 29. Fantastic place.

Hooper likes this.
  13. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

ohhhhhh, THOSE guys. I drive by there and try to justify a reason to buy one. I just don't grill enough.

14. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I used to live on Earney Road when I was a kid.