1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graves Kawasaki?????

Discussion in 'General' started by attackpainter, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Superbikeorbust

Superbikeorbust Well-Known Member

I don’t think there is an easy class. These guys are all pro racers. Should be some good racing in all classes.

BigBird likes this.
  2. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

While I agree there isnt a easy class there is also a substantial differance in the depth of the classes.
    Three years ago SS had the most depth, looks like this year Superbike finally will. Lets not kid ourselves into believing Stock 1000 and Twins have the same level of competition though...
    The top teams in SS and Superbike are much more evolved.

G 97 likes this.
  3. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Will be really interesting to see who ends up riding the Graves bike and in what class. Kawasaki pays really really well.

4. Superbikeorbust

Superbikeorbust Well-Known Member

I would agree about the twins class last year.

The STK1K had small grids with good talent. You can’t sleep on Travis, Shane, Andrew or Chad. All of those guys ran up front in the 600 class. I have been told there are a few more stepping up from 600. Some ringers as well. Grid sizes should be up. Next step Superbike!!

The twins class in 19 is getting stacked as well. Some of JR Cup kids are in there. The grids should grow with younger faster talent.

I think there will be hard battles in every class.
    This isn’t club racing.

5. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I didnt say easy, said easier.

Superbikeorbust likes this.
  6. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

7. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

There’s more info coming about his 2019 program too. Some cool stuff going on for him this year.

Superbikeorbust likes this.
  8. Is he a US citizen? I thought he was from down under?

9. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I know 2 other racers that will be on the stock 1000 grid. They don't want their names out just yet, but I can promise, last year's competition, will have their hands completely full. Time for time at track for track, the 2 coming are running faster times than the winners ran this year. Should be fun. See y'all at road a.

10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Andrew Lee? He's from NorCal, I used to race against his dad with the AFM

BigBird likes this.
  11. Lack of sleep, I was thinking of someone else.

12. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

BigBird and turbulence like this.
  13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Not a bad price depending on what is done.
    Looks hot on their ig page

14. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

I've seen the bike and it is a typical Graves build. Definitely a bargain if you compare to what they were selling turn key R6s for. It gets around the track pretty damn good too....I watched it do 44s at Buttonwillow.

23103a likes this.
  15. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

16. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

17. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

From what I understand they are getting more power from the ZX6 than they ever got out of the R6.

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I think it always had more power in race form, since it had 36 more cc's. I don't remember the numbers but I seem to recall the guys running Kawasakis in AMA when Tyler raced all had more horsepower compared to the R6.

19. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

who was riding?

AC1108 likes this.