1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grattan Race Report, Aug 10-11

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by tittys04, Aug 13, 2013.

1. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

I want to again thank all of the WERA peeps for putting together a wonderful event at Grattan this past weekend. Thanks to all the cornerworkers, registration girls, Charles Miller for his announcing, timing peeps, and paramedics. Everyone involved with putting this event on did a great job, can't thank you enough.

Although I'm a little disappointed with my results for the weekend, I was happy that I was able to continue to progress every session on the track. My experience with Grattan CW prior to this event was one slow track day about 5-6 years ago, so I had to basically relearn this tough, technical track all over again as quickly as I could.

Friday was humbling, to say the least. The track was slick, I had no idea what I was doing, and people still seemed to make me look like a beginner track day guy. By the end of the day, I think my best lap time was around 1:28, and the worst part was I felt like I had no idea what I was doing. I could watch the faster guys lines, but I was having a heck of a time hitting the lines they were hitting... learning blind corners quickly just isn't my strong point.

The overview of my results for the races is below, click here for the full race report on my website.

Saturday:
    Race 1: 9th
    Race 2: 5th
    Race 3: 5th
    Race 4: 4th

Sunday:
    Race 1: 6th
    Race 2: 4th
    Race 3: 4th
    Race 4: 4th

I also have some video's of the races, but haven't had time to do any editing yet, but I'll post those as I get them done.

Oh, and my fastest lap of the weekend came in race 3 on Sunday with a 1:23.70. I'm happy to have made that progress, but I am looking forward to turning more laps on that track to get down even more.

2. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

I thought you looked pretty good dude, it wasn't easy to get around ya at all, good job on the 23's ;)

3. tittys04

Thanks man. You actually gave me the tow for my personal best of the weekend. After you passed me in 1 in race 7 (I passed someone on the brakes on the outside in 1, you passed both of us up the inside), I stuck right on your tail trying to get that spot back. The red flag came out after that lap, though, so I didn't get a chance to challenge you back.

Congrats on your finishes this weekend, too... you did great considering where you started in some of those races.

4. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Good read! I saw the results and figured the fast locals had either come out or maybe something was off. Have fun at Nelson's :D

5. tittys04

I felt like a tool on Saturday. Seriously... when the freight train from the second wave came through in my first race I was about ready to pack it up. "How in the EFF are they going so fast!?!?!" :crackup: Sunday was a lot better, but there's still some work to be done.

I'm scared of Nelson's :eek: :crackup:

6. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

glad i was able to help out :D lol it seemed in the afternoon the track slowed down a little bit, everyone was running slower towards the later races it was kind of odd.

thanks, it was tough as shit starting from dead last nearly every race & i was in wave 2 of those first two, good lord that was a friggin chore LOL

7. Jonny Boy

Jonny Boy Well-Known Member

Another great weekend of ridding with you. I have some really good footage of a race behind you and Steve!

8. tittys04

It was definitely a lot of fun. Getting my butt whipped sucked, but it was a great weekend. I still can't believe how nice it was all weekend.

I'd love to see that video! I have one that I tried to upload last night but it didn't work. It was the back and forth between me and Steve in the last race. We came up on you towards the end, I'll try to get that posted soon.

9. steve802cc

steve802cc Well-Known Member

Get those vids up boys I want to see them.
    I've got one loading but its Sat's CSuperStock. I've got to step out for a couple of hours but I'll be back later with a link and my race report.

See ya
    Steve

10. steve802cc

steve802cc Well-Known Member

11. spoon32

spoon32 Huh???

12. tittys04

Finally got a chance to edit this race.

This was the WORST start I've ever had... As soon as I started letting the clutch out I could tell my RPMs were too high. I did the best I could to feather the clutch out, but at that point the bike didn't care, it was determined to wheelie and bust my balls against the tank.

It was a FUN race after I got settled down a bit from the bad start, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUJQHJyRjVM

13. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

That race was fun.. I got a good start even though I forgot about us not going two wave between expert & novice. Everyone left and I'm like they got alot of ppl to meatball, then said shit this ain't a two wave race lol

14. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA