1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grattan, 8-23-08

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by Yankee Bravo, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Yankee Bravo

Yankee Bravo Well-Known Member

Hi folks! I hadn't been to Grattan in some time, and having been bitten by the bike bug, I decided to take my wife to show her what sportbikes are about. Not as many bikes there as I remember, still fun to see. I shot some video from Saturday's action. I do like the counter-clockwise direction because of the action at the hill :D I met Rob Rowles by chance there; good rider and good guy, although Moe's opinion seemed to differ slightly... :rolleyes: (seriously, good guys, both of them) A bit rainy early on, but it dried out. Anyway, just enough action to get some good video. I think i got some good pics too, will get them back in a few days. (old school 35mm Canon A-1 with a Vivitar series One glass zoom) I'll post anything worth looking at later in the week... thanks for the show, all who raced there... :Pop: If you rode Saturday, you are probably in this video...

Video from Grattan, August 23rd. (7.1mB)
    Due to operator error with the shotgun mic, there was no live sound, so you'll have to suffer with some "Wild Thing"...

YB

2. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

sweet vid!

3. Twissta

Twissta Well-Known Member

sweet and the track fit perfect "Tone Loc" off the chain:beer::up:

4. Yankee Bravo

Thanks! Glad you like it...

5. Yankee Bravo

and some pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ed-d

ed-d Active Member

That was my first time to a race as well and it was very cool and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Nice pics by the way. My 10 yr old was upset that i didn't take her to the race to watch though so i won't make that mistake again lol

7. Sammy Bono

Sammy Bono Well-Known Member

That jump is crazy on that track. It is a really challenging one or atleast it was to me since I'm a newbie. I look forward to getting back out there next season. Nice video thanks for sharing.

8. Yankee Bravo

Sammy, glad you like the stuff. Which bike were you on type/colors??

9. arkcomposites

arkcomposites Well-Known Member

Nice pics and video.

10. Sammy Bono

Sammy Bono Well-Known Member

I am not in that video. I ride a blue 2006 r6 though. You can catch me at mid ohio, grattan, or gingerman. I usually attend STT events.

11. McBiker

McBiker Well-Known Member

Vid and pics are cool!! :bow:

12. Dougger

Dougger Member

Grattan was always my favorite track back when I was racing (Late '80s, early '90s).
    Never had the opportunity to ride it CCW though.
    Great video.