1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graduation gift?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Apr 30, 2020.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Does she have a job lined up?

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It depends...who paid for school? If it was you, give her a paid in full receipt. :D

brex and auminer like this.
  3. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

He did say College, not High School.

4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Maybe a very nice piece of jewelry to commemorate the event if she likes jewelry??
    Male graduates usually get a watch and/or fancy pen, so why not something comparable?

I got two very nice "interview" suits, so maybe that if she's not got a job lined up yet.

5. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

A top of the line leather laptop briefcase/messenger bag/backpack. If she's in business she'll likely be traveling and toting a computer around. I still have my bag from Wilsons from 30 years ago!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

What do you think she would like?

We gave my daughter a chunk of money that she used for the down payment on her new car lease and it helped make some payments as well. Tyler gets the same amount but is screwed right now because I told him he gets it when my building sells.

motion likes this.
  7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

As a UW-Madison graduate,myself, I would recommend that you get her some beers and a Fu*k'em Bucky hoody. She can enjoy the beers now ( I like some of the Capitol Brewery beers) and she can enjoy the hoody for years to come.
    Go Badgers!!!

P.S. I did not go to my graduation since it was moved to 10 am Sunday morning to try and cut down on the drunks and drinking during the ceremony.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

The correct answer is always Hypermotard. She will love you, Dad!

TurboBlew, cha0s#242, L8RSK8R and 4 others like this.
  9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

The correct answer would have been a trip to Montana to ride motorcycles......You're welcome

Sabre699 and L8RSK8R like this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Agreed!

11. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I was given a Breitling Navitimer from my parents. I wear it everyday and it's priceless to me.

12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Make a max donation to Roth IRA for her for the year.

StaccatoFan and nd4spd like this.
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

Was about to say a simple ladies Rolex

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

If she's an International Biz grad, how about a trip to somewhere interesting? Has she done much international travel?

tophyr, Jedb and Boman Forklift like this.
  15. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

16. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

I barely made it to mine. Thankfully we were one of the first classes to graduate through the Kohl Center. I would have never made it to the Field House in time.

17. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

lol perfect. Mods, close this thread!

18. Scotty87

A ton more than me. Did a 4 month internship in Rio, some shit in spain, Ireland too. She just wants to get to work. My parents have suggested a nice necklace and I’m not totally against it, I’m just on the fence with the investment account idea (which I think is excellent) or something more... sensitive.

19. Scotty87

she’s been busting ass, wants out of her mother’s house and on her own way bad. But every response so far is “We’d be interested in moving forward, but with Covid...”

Which kind of makes me wonder why you’re holding interviews in the first place if you’re not ready to hire.

20. Scotty87