1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GP150 Vs. Ninja 250's At The Streets of Willow

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by bigwl3, Aug 7, 2012.

1. bigwl3

bigwl3 Well-Known Member

I had been really anxious to see how my TZ150r GP road racer would stack up against Ninja 250's and I finally got the opportunity when M1GP had their annual race at The Streets of Willow. I even had the chance to run it against a fast rider on a street version of the Aprilia RS125 two stroke and I managed to chase him down, draft him and pass him. (only captured on the rear facing cam at the beginning of the video)

http://youtu.be/g4eAz4zMhN4

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Nice vid! What was the #100 bike?

I wanted to ride Streets when I came out but only had a chance to ride Big Willow.

3. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

What kind of times were you running..? Cool vid, to bad about your issue.

BTW, I have been on that track more times than I can count..:eek:

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Such a cool vid. A guy in our club has the same setup. Damn fast bike.

5. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Nice video, Will. Just so you know I'm going to school on every one of your vids :D

The 150R in a GP chassis is a great machine. We only went to the 85 because it's a better platform for developing a young rider, and more in line with our 125 program. I don't think an 85 is really competitive against a 150, though.

6. bigwl3

bigwl3 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the compliments! The #100 bike was an RS85 and my fastest lap time was during the morning practice session and was a 1:32. It was my first time ever at that track but now it is officially my favorite track! Super fun on a 150. I would love to try a moto3 bike on that track.

7. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

That's pretty dang good...:up:

You should try SOW on a full on Sumo...now that's some big time fun..:D

8. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Great stuff.

9. blackbird2xx

blackbird2xx Well-Known Member

looks like you able to motor the ninjas. I have always wondered how the formula 80 rs's would do with the ninja 250s. Think us formula 80 guys with rs's could be allowed to run with the ninja 250s with wera?????

10. bigwl3

bigwl3 Well-Known Member

I think it would be great if we were allowed to run with the Ninja's but I'm sure running a 170pound GP chassis compared to a 370 pound tank would be considered too much of an advantage. My bike put out 25hp on the dyno and weighs 170 pounds. The race ready ninja's are putting out around 32hp and weigh between 350 and 370 pounds. I could carry much more corner speed on my bike and brake and change direction like nothing compared to them. Maybe we can convince all the Ninja guys to get RS's and TZ's! :D

11. blackbird2xx

blackbird2xx Well-Known Member

I knew it was wishful thinking :/. oh well

12. MAZZ77X

MAZZ77X Well-Known Member

I have both a TZ 150R and a Ninja 250 which are both for sale here in NJ.

100% perfect beautiful bikes in every way!:up:

13. madriders86

madriders86 Well-Known Member

is there a writeup somewhere of how to (safely) build a setup like that?

14. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

What's the HP and top speed on the TZ150R?

15. bigwl3

bigwl3 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about MAZZ's but my peak hp on a dyno was 25.6hp with a top speed of around 85/90mph.

16. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

Nice! Thanks for the info.

17. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

So is it possible to mini and big track a TZ150R? Link to your sales ad?